Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
- Responsible for assisting in the overall design of LRUs which may include: sustaining, design & development, layout, analysis, evaluation, prototype build, and testing of mechanical, electronic, and electromechanical components and systems. May have specific technical project or product responsibility.
- Sustaining Design, Analysis, Build and Test Activities.
- Performs sustaining, design, development and planning including layout, analysis, evaluation, prototype build, and testing of mechanical, electronic, and electromechanical components and systems.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative tests to determine properties, characteristics, and performance of materials, circuits, mechanisms, assemblies and systems.
- Design and develop electronic circuits and assemblies.
- Record and analyze test data. Selects hardware and material assuring compliance with specifications and product requirements.
- Verify embedded firmware and higher level software functionality of the product.
- Apply standard mathematical and hands-on techniques, procedures and criteria to engineering assignments.
- Follow all departmental QOP and WI processes to ensure all documentation is generated, completed and released in a timely manner.
- Product Design/Development and Requirements Analysis.
- Participate with members of management in the design and development of products and analysis of customer requirements.
- Conduct in-depth troubleshooting and debugging of designs.
- Assist in the determination of a problem solution while giving consideration to form, fit, function, weight, product ability, manufacturing, product marketing and cost.
- Coordinate with Procurement, Manufacturing, Obsolescence, Product Planning and Material Planning departments for the selection and ordering of parts, materials, components, or processes with vendors and suppliers.
- Communicate and sustain the development and design of the hardware with overseas manufacturing division to ensure product manufacturability.
- Work with the respective Project Manager, or when required independently, to generate and update Design and Development schedules.
- Provide solutions and recommendations to project lead.
The salary or hourly wage range of $35.58 – $59.62 USD hourly is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
What We’re Looking For:
- BS in Electrical Engineering required followed by an MS in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 3 -6 years' experience in areas such as higher mathematics, electronics, mechanics and circuit design.
- Proficient in project planning and ability to plan for internal and/or external dependencies.
- Proficient in designing and developing requirements from specifications, oral instructions, or preliminary sketches.
- Proficient in designing, analyzing circuits and equipment using conventional and computerized techniques.
- Proficient in developing and implementing test methods and procedures.
- Practical experience in preparing technical reports and documentation for submission to management.
- Knowledgeable with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
- Uses clearly demonstrable skills as an experienced professional within the Hardware Engineering field.
- Must be capable of clearly identifiable contributions to the success of a product or project.
- Uses professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Ability to travel extensively to Japan and other domestic and international locations as required approximately 10% of the time