If you are passionate about contributing to a sustainable future and being part of a dynamic team shaping the electric vehicle revolution, this opportunity is tailor-made for you. We are seeking dedicated individuals to join us as full-time, on-site team members at our new, state-of-the-art factory located in the thriving city of DeSoto, Kansas.
- Directly supervises 10-30 employees in the Engineering Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Lead the team to introduce new battery model changes, new materials, spec evaluation, and process improvement.
- Establish systems and standards to promote sustainability and growth in technical, organizational, and people development areas.
- Responsible for participating in and overseeing others engaged in material introduction, experimentation, and process improvement to carry out battery manufacturing processes on commercial scale.
- Lead the team to develop advanced measurement and control systems to continuously improve OEE of battery manufacturing, quality, and reliability of the battery product.
- Perform FMEA, FTA, DRBFM, and risk analysis for projects and process issues.
- Responsible for overseeing and allocating budget, personnel resources to deliver program targets.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Basic: Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
- Preferred: M.S. or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum of 5+ years of engineering experience in areas such as manufacturing, product development, design, or other area.
- Evidence of exceptional ability. Panasonic follows a culture of full-cycle engineering where members will have full responsibility and accountability for their projects from start to finish. We are looking for the best of the best.
- 2+ years of leadership experience.
- Strong analytic and decision-making abilities. Able to influence others to move towards a common goal.
- Self-motivation and resourcefulness are required.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results.
- Intuitive, adaptable, creative, and collaborative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate servant leadership to build a high-performing and overachieving team.
- Passionate about developing people and leaders and promoting career development.
- Be very technical and demonstrate the ability to show in-depth understanding of the company business, battery making process, and products.
- Must be data-driven and result-driven.
- Proficient skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook).
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Experience with battery manufacturing and high-speed robotic assembly process preferred.
- Previous experience with Industrial data analysis or Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
- Experience managing large dynamic teams (10+ people).
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment (1M+ units per day) such as batteries or electronic devices.
- Strong knowledge on six sigma methodologies and lean manufacturing.
- Experience with statistical process control and design of experiments.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment, as well as with cross-functional groups.
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure.
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude).
At the heart of this visionary project, Panasonic is committed to manufacturing cutting-edge cylindrical lithium-ion cells that will power the future of electric mobility. These cells will be meticulously crafted to meet the growing demands of the automotive industry, supporting various electric vehicle manufacturers in their quest for eco-friendly transportation solutions.
This role presents a unique chance to be at the forefront of innovation, working within a forward-thinking organization that is committed to environmental responsibility and the advancement of green technology. Be a part of our mission to power the future and make a difference in the world of electric mobility with Panasonic!
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.