- Ability to sit with customer and develop specifications while understanding the impact to Revenue and GP. Has advanced level of understanding for refrigeration systems and components including parallel racks and protocol. Ability to interpret customer specifications and make recommendations for improvements.
- Make recommendations to the sales department on innovative engineering approaches and advantages of various types of products for our supermarket customers.
- Understands the CAD functions and capable of checking CAD work to find errors and make recommendations for improvement.
- Work with sales, customers, drafters, and consulting engineering groups to ensure proper system layouts and design of commercial refrigeration systems.
- First point of engineering contact to assist field and customer service personnel in answering equipment application questions and resolve external customer issues with no management intervention.
- Remain current with existing and emerging technologies in the industry.
- Provide process improvement ideas to enhance our level of customer service and better our department.
- Expert in quoting, can train others in the use of the standard AE quoting tools, and serves as a mentor to new application engineers as well as help other departments better understand our designs.
Education & Experience:
- BS in applicable Engineering field or Technical degree and minimum 7 years direct experience (Supermarket application or design)
- 10 plus years direct experience in Supermarket application or design required.
- Responsible for larger projects outside of quoting system
- Continues to demonstrate communication skills. Documentation is professional with all technical issues addressed.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial refrigeration systems.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and some working knowledge of AutoCAD systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to converse with sales personnel, engineers/architects, vendors, trade representatives and customers.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.