Provide engineering, estimating and planning services for refrigeration systems, Port-A-Pak, Econo-Pak, coil products, cases and panel products to the branch or distributors, including sales, service, construction, manufacturing and engineering departments to service customers’ needs. To provide accurate refrigeration legends to the Sales/Order Entry Department. Provide additional training for new engineers in the areas of Application Engineering.
- Make recommendations to the sales department on innovative engineering approaches and advantages of various types of products for our supermarket customers.
- Ability to sit with customers and develop specifications while understanding the impact to Revenue and GP.
- Work with sales, customers, drafters, and consulting engineering groups to ensure proper system layouts and design of commercial refrigeration systems.
- Assist field and customer service personnel in answering equipment application questions.
- Remain current with existing and emerging technologies in the industry.
- Provide process improvement ideas to enhance our level of customer service and better our department.
- Understands the CAD functions and capable of checking CAD work to find errors and make recommendations for improvements.
- Serve as a mentor to new application engineers and help other departments better understand our designs.
Education & Experience:
- BS in applicable Engineering field or Technical degree and minimum 3 years direct experience in Supermarket application or design required.
- 6 plus years direct experience in Supermarket application or design required.
- PE license preferred or willing to acquire one within 1 year of employment
- Ability to create reports and make presentations.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial refrigeration systems preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and some working knowledge of AutoCAD systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to converse with sales personnel, engineers/architects, vendors, trade representatives and customers.
As a global policy, Panasonic does not recognize resumes or other application materials submitted from staffing agencies and search firms outside of our system. Therefore, please do not submit resumes or other application materials through the external Panasonic web site or directly to our employees. Any resumes or other application materials submitted through the external web site or directly to employees of Panasonic or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates will not be eligible for any agency fee, and the resume and other application materials will be added to our database for direct recruitment.
Panasonic assigns only certain positions to approved staffing agencies and search firms that have a current agreement with Panasonic in place. Not all positions are eligible for an agency fee.
Join our Talent Community!
Not ready to apply? Joining our talent community not only provides you with job updates but insider peeks on some of the innovative technologies you could work on.