Panasonic –Application Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get to Do:
He/She is responsible to understand customer’s technical requirements, provide cell / pack proposals, discuss cell & pack characteristics with customers, negotiate with customers on cell and pack specification, communicate with the related teams globally when needed to ensure the best battery proposal for customer’s application.Accountability:
- Serve as a primary technical contact with customer in pre-development stage for both pack and cell
- Responsible to fix design specification with customers in the beginning stage of development to ensure that proposed specification meets customer’s needs.
- Build technical relationships with customers and resolve pre and post-sale battery pack related technical problems in a timely manner.
- Provide cell & pack related technical support to customers on battery pack solution
- Share customer’s current needs and future trend to the related global teams
- Assist factory in resolving technical issues when necessary.
- Study future solutions for battery packs and cells in focused market; conduct market research and device analysis according to the application of customers and competitors (Including customers’ competitors)
- Develop project plans, coordinate project, communicate changed & progress, complete project task on time within budget.
What You'll Bring:Education & Experience:
- BS or MS in a related Engineering field (Electronic and Electrical Eng. is desired)
- Minimum of 3 years technical application experience as a function role of technical support (with customer contact is desired;; working experience in battery industry or medical industry is preferred.)
- An understanding of battery design like (Li-ion cell, Lithium primary cell, protection circuit) in order to provide in-depth knowledge
- Knowledge of both battery and battery protection circuit and mechanical design.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, with strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint ability
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
- An ability of communicating in Japanese (both writing and reading) is preferred.
- Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial - Opportunity focused & Results driven
- Customer - Proactively improves customer relations; Responsive, Identifies Needs, Monitors Satisfaction
- Change - Clear vision, sense of urgency, effective prioritization, and adjustment of activities; Effective time management, leverage, or resources
- Communication and Collaboration-High level of proactive communication (written/oral) & Build networks, collects and shares wisdom through training/experience
- Coaching - Provides clear direction and expectations; Closed loop feedback
- Passion - Decisive, focused, and proactive drive for execution; Raise the bar – independent implementation of solutions
- Thinking - Strategic and innovative approach to complex engineering issues
- 20% domestic & international travel (including overnight)
- Work cross-functionally with Sales team and Engineering team to analyze customer’s requirements and provide cell/pack proposals.
- Support Sales and Engineering teams to solve cell related issues on battery packs pre and after mass productions.
- Attend customer meeting on cell related discussion and provide meeting summaries for both business opportunity and cell related technical issues.
- Conduct market research on focused customers/applications and summarize requirements on both battery packs and devices.
- Support sales personnel with new business opportunities on cell related discussion with customers.
- Review customer’s specifications on battery packs.
- Provide prompt support to cell related request.
- Prepare cell pack proposals on potential development opportunities.
- Manage FAE folders (cell datasheet, presentation materials, proposals, etc.).
- Update FAE related status on projects.
- Discuss cell data with JPN FAE team according to customer’s requirements and potential needs.
- Prepare focused technical presentation for targeted customers and markets. (SBR, Tech. meeting, etc.)
- Review pre-charter form and provides feedback to Prod. M. team prior to pre-charter meeting.
- Review project requirement and attend review meeting to support a new development.
- Create pack delivery specification and assist in monthly report.
- Get core technical information from HQ and the related teams when needed.
- Review battery pack safety design policy and provide feedback to HQ and the related teams
- Prepare ISO documents prior to ISO meeting with battery pack factories.
- Use technical systems connected to HQ for internal approval processes.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.