- Assist with installation of refrigeration systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities
- Responsible for timely completion of assigned projects and customer satisfaction
- Acquire knowledge through on the job training, including new product developments, service bulletins and issues
- Complete necessary documents (time sheets) in a thorough, accurate and timely manner to complete necessary customer paperwork for invoicing requirements
- Read/comprehend plans/blueprints as appropriate to trade regarding the installation of all cabling, communication loops, and components associated with installation of energy management and refrigerant leak systems
- Duties may include (but not limited to): solder copper pipe, including configuring 90-degree, 45-degree, tees and other fittings; diagnose water leak complaints, remove cases from truck without damage, install PVC drain pipe, recognize major case types, locate and set superheat specification; receive, uncrate and properly hang blower coils; install orifice and thermostatic expansion valves; locate refrigeration leak; fabricate hangers, struts, supports, identify pipe size & fittings by sight; power wash air-cooled condensing units, lay out complex coolers
- Read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations
- Maintain and manage truck inventory in an accurate, neat, and orderly manner as well as adhere to vehicle maintenance program guidelines (if applicable)
- Manage multiple priorities with minimal guidance and direction
- High school or 10 years’ experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ years of experience in commercial refrigeration; supermarket experienced preferred
- EPA 608 certification preferred
- Valid driver's license and a safe driving record
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to 50 pounds
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, detail-oriented and highly motivated
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work nights, weekends and out of town as required
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities/task in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong organizational, time management skills
- High level of professionalism and diplomacy
- Strong customer focus skills
- Strong project management skills and high attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to making decisions, learn quickly, thinking rationally and exercising good judgment
- Work effectively in diverse team environment
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimum supervision
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.
As a global policy, Panasonic does not recognize resumes or other application materials submitted from staffing agencies and search firms outside of our system. Therefore, please do not submit resumes or other application materials through the external Panasonic web site or directly to our employees. Any resumes or other application materials submitted through the external web site or directly to employees of Panasonic or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates will not be eligible for any agency fee, and the resume and other application materials will be added to our database for direct recruitment.
Panasonic assigns only certain positions to approved staffing agencies and search firms that have a current agreement with Panasonic in place. Not all positions are eligible for an agency fee.
Join our Talent Community!
Not ready to apply? Joining our talent community not only provides you with job updates but insider peeks on some of the innovative technologies you could work on.