Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills, and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Responsible for creating compelling designs targeting a variety of users including passengers, cabin crew, maintenance engineers and airline content managers. Take complex and oftentimes very technical tasks and transform them into intuitive and easy-to-use designs for web, mobile and embedded environments.
Panasonic Avionics is designing the future of In-Flight Entertainment and passenger engagement. We like to think of travel as a place to look forward to – an experience that goes beyond entertainment to creating a comfortable and personalized habitat centered around the passenger powered by our strong vision, market insights, latest technology, big data and algorithms. We are looking for a talented Sr. UX Designer to be a part of the team helping to bring about this industry and air travel transformation. Successful candidates will be joining our growing Design & Experience team to create experiences across web, mobile and embedded devices for a wide variety of users including passengers, flight crew, operations, content creators. Let's create something amazing together!
Drive the complete user experience design process for one or more products in parallel from research to delivery.
- Research: Conduct research using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, such as usability studies, contextual inquiries, interviews, and surveys.
- Collaborate: Work closely with our Airline Partners as well as teams of Designers, Engineers and Product managers to ensure the product design meets standards of usability, as well as technical and business constraints.
- Interaction Design: Integrate user feedback and business requirements iteratively into ongoing product experience updates.
- Communication: Communicate ideas using a wide variety of methods from wireframes, user flows, journey maps, to prototypes and polished design specifications.
The salary range of $94,000-$158,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in User Experience Design, Human Factors Engineering, Human Computer Interaction).
- 8+ years of hands-on interaction design and user research across the entire product development cycle.
- Solid portfolio demonstrating an understanding of interaction design and information architecture.
- A mix of strong visual aesthetic with an ability to understand how to make a complex product feel simple and intuitive.
- Strong working knowledge of user mental models, task-flow/state-transition diagrams, storyboarding, wire framing, creating design specifications and guidelines.
- Ability to handle complex situations and drive to a consensus on a design direction with multiple objectives and parties in play.
- Demonstrated savvy with respect to latest industry trends, tools and practices.
- Strong presentation and communication skills (oral and written). Must be able to clearly articulate a user experience vision to internal leaders and present to client.
- Prior experience conducting primary user research, prototyping and usability testing.
- Proficiency with professional design tools. (e.g., Sketch, InVision, Adobe CC)
- Some travel (both domestic and internationally) may be required.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.