Panasonic – Sr Supply Chain Planner
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Based on latest demand and supply information, transactional data, historical data, and internal data, prepare analysis of latest supply issues and constraints along with countermeasures.
- Utilize tools and methodologies to review purchases and identify exception alerts to replenishment plan.
- Develop purchase plan and coordinate with merchandising based on factory ATP’s for replenishment to meet demand forecast within budgeted inventory levels
- Provide timely updates to all PO’s from factory and work in partnership with logistics teams to ensure proper receipt of supply to match current plans.
- Create or modify manual purchase requisition-based purchase orders in system.
- Work in partnership with demand, sales and logistics to identify supply issues and ensure smooth product life cycle planning to support demand planning and fulfillment
- Manage stock levels and stock provisions in conjunction with demand planning, suppliers and distribution partners to ensure adequate inventory is available to fulfill customer demand, while minimizing inventory costs.
- Track all shipments to ensure product arrives on time.
- Provide visibility to product back orders, short stock, excess and/or slow-moving inventory.
- Process invoices obtained from vendors, PA/PM approvals, GR requests, obtain signatures for amounts exceeding $5K-$100K, submit invoices to CAP for payment purposes, and process wire payments
Cross Departmental Collaboration/Reporting:
- Collaborate with all necessary departments (Sales, logistics, 3rd party Factories, etc.) in working on projects, or implementing new process
- Work closely and regularly with the specialty demand teams to ensure supply is in proper locations
- Work side-by-side with Demand, Sales teams during all PSI activities within in IO system.
- Function as key contact for all supply inquiries, including but not limited to specific project status, product availability, forecasts, pricing, product constraints, introduction, or discontinuation.
- Keep Sales, Channel Support and accounting notified of product transition / replacement, price change, EOL, constraint, aging inventory, or other issues day to day.
- Track and report daily/weekly/monthly incoming supply and inventory activities and results.
- Create and monitor open order reports to ensure all orders are being fulfilled in timely matter.
- Setup new established vendors in system.
Material Master Data Mgmt.
- Maintain master data for all assigned materials to support planning and execution across all systems. (SAP, MacroPSI, Cognos, Genpact).
- When maintenance is done in other organizational groups, act as the facilitator to planning and execution. (SAP, PSI, VMI, Logistics, Web, Accounting, UMM Prod. Reg.)
- Initiate both the creation and removal of SKU set up in all systems based on current or discontinuation notices.
- Notify all related parties of product transition as well as supply replacement products.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required (major in – SCM or Business Admin a plus)
- 4-7 years of business experience preferred with an emphasis on supply chain and customer service.
- Extensive Database / System Skills required: (1) SAP, Cognos, GPM, MS Office 365
- High level of creativity and complexity to research and recommend solutions based on data analysis, evaluating alerts, and business concepts
- Experience in dealing with high pressure & critical issues while maintaining professional attitude and performance.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.