Senior Software Engineer
In this role, you will serve as a technical leader in the areas of software development and programming related to manufacturing systems. You will be responsible for architecture, documentation, requirements, and processes related to software systems. You will work closely with other developers, analysts, and leadership to obtain regular feedback on design and development. You will coach other developers in best practices around software development, testing, documentation, writing effective, efficient, maintainable and scalable code.
Application Development/Programming – 30%
- Design, improve, test and maintain high-availability, low-latency applications related to the manufacturing process.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues in a timely manner related to enterprise manufacturing software and internal web applications.
- Writes reusable, testable and efficient code in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Makes recommendations which yield improved performance and a more cost-effective product with elegant user interfaces.
- Effectively prepare and maintain detailed documents related to application requirements, architecture, design, code, algorithms, interfaces, end user manuals.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of the software.
- Collaborates with systems analysts to fully understand requirements and add technical details to ensure designed and developed solutions meet overall goals.
- Keeps up with industry trends and brings new ideas and innovative solutions.
Architecture design and software process design – 40%
- Continually improve the software development process related to release cycles, agile, defect reporting and interfaces with business users.
- Create software architecture for new software systems and dictate design and implementation standards.
- Design and improve coding standard, testing and design documentation related to new software systems.
- Find the best overall architectural solutions for both big data and software applications to better facilitate successful operations related to manufacturing.
Software team leadership – 30%
- Guide a team of software engineers and coach them on best practices for software development.
- Lead agile meetings related to multiple projects and act as a scrum master and project manager for multiple manufacturing related applications.
- Define and analyze requirements, create work items, and assign work to a team of software engineers as needed.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- BS. or M.S. in Computer Science or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
- Ideal candidates will have 5+ years of hands-on experience in an agile software development environment.
- Prior use of Node.js, a front-end framework, such as React or Angular, and a message-broker system such as Apache Kafka is preferred but not required.
- Database experience and SQL is required.
- Required experience in designing highly available, fault tolerant, scalable and resilient architectural diagrams in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with best practices in software development, including unit testing, creating and defining coding standards, implementing source control, tracking changes, and creating useful documentation is required.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information; effectively train/advise users on information technology issues; prepare written documentation in a clear and concise style.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment and take the initiative to learn new tools and concepts quickly.
- Creative thinker with attention to detail; strong analytical, multitasking, and interpersonal
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following:
- Stand for extended amounts of time.
- Walk extensively around the factory (our building is 5.5 million square feet; you will definitely get your steps in!)
- Required to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) such as but not limited to; hard hat, respirator, gloves, eye protection, steel toe boots, etc.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a largescale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.