Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
if you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our Software Development team focusing on providing passengers with exceptional in-flight shopping experience while allowing airlines to offer differentiating payment options. Our solutions require someone with versatile knowledge in multiple domains. If your core strengths include building and maintaining e-Commerce websites, including technologies such as PIMCORE, tax software providers and enjoy working as part of an Agile/Scrum team that require fast learning, please apply!
- Designs, modifies, and implements distributed compute clusters and services for Ecommerce product based on epics and user stories using PHP, NodeJS, and/or AWS Technologies.
- Creates clear, simple, and reusable frontend and backend code.
- Creates and maintain various test applications to ensure Continuous Integration & Deployment of our Ecommerce application software.
- Maintains the developed software efficiently through solid knowledge of software lifecycles.
- Documents designs in engineering documents including functional block diagrams, data/logic flow charts, and UML.
- Research emerging technologies with the goal of applying these technologies to current and future projects.
- Support and troubleshoot issues, identify cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions.
- Be effective and comfortable with minimum supervision.
- Take ownership of solution components.
Must Have Technical Skill Requirements
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Experience in developing a commercial software product or SaaS.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of SQL and other database technologies such as MongoDB, and/or Redis.
- Proficiency in NodeJS, web stacks, libraries, and frameworks.
- Strong API development experience and exposure to various formats such as REST Open API.
- Hands on experience with scripting languages like Python, Bash.
- Experience working with Git version control, and familiar with GitLab.
- Experience working with Static Code Analysis tools.
- Experience in developing and deploying applications in one or more cloud technology platforms (Azure, Google, AWS).
- Familiarity with Docker.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years of full-stack web development experience.
- 4+ years of Production NodeJS experience.
- Working knowledge of Avionics industry is a plus.
The salary wage range of $90,000 - $151,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
- Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
- At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
- All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.