Panasonic – Software Engineer
What You'll Get to Do:
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
- Develop battery pack software based on specification, using C or C++ and other related software development tools. It includes development of internal software tools which will be used by other engineers. Generally, SW3 does not need support in design.
- Support in design review of the product with Electrical Engineering, Product Engineering, Quality Assurance, Procurement, Project Management PM, Certifications, etc. during development. Discussions can be led by SW3. Generally, other SW engineers or managers support is not necessary.
- Evaluate software using emulator and hardware. SW3 can make the test spec by himself/herself.
- Prepare and release official documentation and information. SW3 can check documents instruct modifications before manager and/or supervisor’s approval.
- Other areas such as ISO, PQMS, Code Release. SW3 can lead this task and can instruct other software engineers.
- Plan and lead training of other SW. Determine design guidelines.
Education & Experience:
- BS in Software Engineering or equivalent experience in Embedded Software Engineering field
- 2 years of related experience
- Experience with software coding, specifically C/C++.
- Experience with electrical test equipment, such as power supply, electronic load, oscilloscope and protocol analyzer.
- Experience with MS Office and other normal PC programs.
- Competencies: Key desired behaviors; e.g., problem solving, innovation, collaboration, etc.
- Knowledge of C and C++ is required.
- Knowledge of battery protection circuit is required.
- Knowledge of DC electronic circuit is required
- Analytical, good technical foundation, problem solver. Should be innovative, take the initiative to address problems and find solutions
- Communications: Key communications contacts (internal/external) and level of persuasion required
- Technical writing and speaking in English is clear enough to be understood by native English and non-native English speakers.
- Required level of persuasion is moderate to high. Leads discussion with customers. Leads discussion with Japan design team.
- Japanese is not required but is beneficial.
- Other Requirements: e.g., working conditions, physical requirements, travel, etc.
- Work is predominantly indoors. Physical requirements are office work level.
- Travel up to 10 percent of the time, both domestically and internationally.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.