Panasonic – Software Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Develop video management and access control software applications.
Under general supervision, apply theories and principles of computer science, engineering, and technologies to create, test, and evaluate software applications and systems. Based upon analysis of requirements and technical direction, apply a systematic approach to create the design characteristics of components. Implement, test, and debug software to conform to requirements and design.
Software Development Activities:
- Analyze requirements and decompose high-level requirements into low-level and implementation requirements based upon understanding of business applications and engineering principles.
- Perform design, code, and test of software solutions and algorithms for video technologies and access control applications based upon requirements and direction from more senior technical staff.
- Employ software engineering methods and practices to create artifacts and documentation for the implementation and support of software products to convey an engineered solution to other developers and engineers.
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to the software development process.
Software Support Activities:
- Maintain deployed software modules to ensure software system workflows are optimal.
- Provide necessary development support to resolve bugs and issues.
- Work with Quality Assurance, Technical Support, and other developers to resolve bugs and issues.
- Independently resolve customer complaints with software and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
Documentation, Collaboration, Coordination and Training:
- Support the creation of documentation, which may include user manuals, help documentation, tool tips, and training material.
- Work with technical staff to learn and understand problems with software.
- Make suggestions for problem solutions or software enhancements.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 5 + years of experience developing software in a professional or commercial environment, preferably in an agile scrum organization is preferred.
- Experience participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle including requirements, design, coding, and testing.
- Proficiency in C/C++ and/or C#/.NET application development in a Windows environment.
- Experience developing Software Development Kits (SDKs) and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Solid experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and TFS.
- Experience integrating with third party software and hardware is a plus.
- User Interface development using WPF is desirable.
- Knowledge of Test Automation is desirable.
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.