Assists in the design, development, modification, and evaluation of software components for automotive products.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Analyzes requirements, designs, codes/programs, debug, unit tests, and delivers product application firmware and software.
- Uses in-circuit emulators, analyzers, compilers and development tools to debug and develops code in the target product hardware for automotive customers.
- Designs and develops software to interface to modules on automotive vehicle networks like LIN (Local Interconnect Network) and CAN (Controller Area Network).
- Designs for large and small micro-processor / micro-controllers.
- Reviews and analyzes customer requirements and develops software that meets those requirements.
- Responsible for delivery of software modules and applications according in compliance with project schedules.
- Creates software design documentation release notes, and unit test plans.
- Takes direction from lead software engineers for task prioritization, feature implementation, and defect resolution.
- Follows all software processes, conducts design and code reviews for own work as well as review work done by others.
- Assists with determining root cause of product non-performance, writes root cause analysis reports and recommends and implements improvements to software.
- Participates in development of design process procedure and plan development of experimental test programs.
- Assists and provides technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of three (3) years of experience; or a minimum of six (6) years of full life cycle embedded software development in electronics products.
- Must be fluent in computer programming including Embedded C/C++. Familiarity with Python and Java are preferred but not required.
- Experience with software development tools (configuration management, design, emulation, debugging, compliers, etc.) required.
- Specific experience in an electronics-manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
- Must have the ability to learn computer applications as necessary for the position.
- Must successfully complete any training or certification courses required to support or strengthen position.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision displaying strong self-motivation.
- Must have the ability to read, interpret, and follow verbal and written instructions, work procedures and other related materials.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.