Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who We Are:
Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
We’re looking for an eCommerce engineer to join our Software Development team focusing on providing passengers with exceptional in-flight connectivity and shopping experience while allowing airlines to offer differentiating payment options. Our solutions require someone with versatile knowledge in multiple domains in an environment of avionics systems.
If you enjoy working as part of an Agile/Scrum team, please apply, we would love to hear from you!
- Implements and modifies eCommerce application software based on Agile epics and user stories.
- Creates and maintain various test applications to ensure Continuous Integration & Deployment of the eCommerce solution and related
- Maintains the developed software efficiently through solid knowledge of software lifecycles.
- Documents architecture designs, including but not limited to functional block diagrams, data, logic, flow, and sequence charts.
Troubleshoots issues across the whole stack - OS, DB, Backend, UI, and network across multiple environments.
Key Skill Requirements:
- 3+ years of real-world backend experience in Java Spring Boot using microservices architecture.
- Experience designing/developing RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of OpenAPI Specification to produce API documentation.
- Experience in one of the database technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB.
- Experience with AWS RDS/Aurora is a plus.
- Hands on experience with scripting languages like Bash.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP protocols.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines in Gitlab (AWS CodePipeline / CodeCommit is a plus)
- Experience in developing and deploying applications through CDK framework in AWS is a plus.
- Knowledge of data analysis tools such as: QuickSight, Tableau, Grafana, as well as observability best practices is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or another related field is preferred.
- 5+ years software development experience.
- Working knowledge of Payment Processing industry (Fintech, Payments Gateways, eWallets) is a big plus.
The salary range of $90,000 - $151,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.