About this Role:
You will maintain, diagnose and repair refrigeration, heating and air-conditioning systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities. You will work with minimum guidance. You will develop first line customer relations and identify potentials sales opportunities.
- Perform prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration systems and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers. Operating knowledge of self-contained refrigeration, heating and air conditioning units with some direction from a Master or Lead Service Technician.
- To perform preventative maintenance, compressor change assists, leak searching and coil washing.
- Diagnose refrigeration systems and perform necessary repairs resulting in 100% customer satisfaction. Ability to repair leaks on racks or single-unit piping, solder with copper-to-brass and copper to steel, diagnose low air flow, install PVC drain pipe, use temperature meters and sensors, receive, uncrate and properly hang blower coils, locate refrigeration leaks, fabricate hangers, struts and supports, power wash air-cooled condensing units, replace any component on a rack and perform walk-in case installation with some direction from a Master or Lead Technician.
- Complete necessary documents (work tickets and time sheets) and electronic communication in a thorough, accurate and timely manner. Demonstrate ability to utilize a hand-held computer to complete necessary customer paperwork and invoicing requirements.
- Maintain and manage truck inventory in an accurate, neat and orderly manner as well as adhere to vehicle maintenance program guidelines (If applicable).
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relations.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Note: Equipment specialty may vary by branch
Formal Education/Experience Requirement:
High School Diploma/GED and Certification from a Technical School with 3 years of experience or High School Diploma/GED and 5 Years of experience in the field
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License and maintain a safe driving record accordance with the Fleet Policy.
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bend and crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to fifty pounds, repetitively and for an external period.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail orientated and highly motivated.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to work nights and/or weekends as required.
- Working knowledge of commercial refrigeration, supermarket experience is preferred.
- Strong leadership and business acumen.
- EPA Certification.
- EPA 608 Universal Certification.
- Superior decision-making ability and paperwork skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail orientated and highly motivated..
- Company vehicle provided
- Incentives paid twice per year
- Benefits first day
- Paid training with access to Hussmann Institute Online library
- Paid drive time (including overtime)
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Matching Contribution
- Discretionary 401k Company Contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Family Leave
- Panasonic Employee Discounts
- Paid Vacation and 12 Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.