As the Professional Service Technician, you will manage the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of refrigeration, heating & air-conditioning systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities. You will develops first line customer relations and identify potential sales opportunities. You will report to the Area Service Manager.
- Perform prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration system and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers
- System knowledge to match customer needs with potential sales opportunities
- Manage truck inventory. Orders, receives, bills out and maintains parts responsibly with a minimum of waste. Manage assigned vehicle within all company guidelines. Maintain a clean vehicle, perform required maintenance
- Complete necessary documents and electronic communication in a thorough, accurate and timely manner. Demonstrate the ability to use hand-held device to complete necessary paperwork and invoicing requirements
- Systematically use mirror and flashlight to check all joints, install PVC drain pipe with minimal supervision, set and trim cases, install and adjust glass doors and frames, use temperature sensors and gauges, determine proper coil layout in complex boxes, and locate refrigerant leaks
- Accurately identify pipe size and fittings by sight, perform system refrigerant and oil conversions and test oil during conversion and electric weld a variety of metals and joint types.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and correctly size thermostatic expansion valves.
- Locate and repair leaks on refrigeration rack systems and single-compressor units
- Understand and follow work safety policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relations
- 5+ years in commercial refrigeration; supermarket experienced preferred; strong HVAC
- High school diploma/GED/vocational school or 5+ years' experience in lieu of education
- Knowledge of refrigeration, electrical and microprocessor control systems
- Understanding of single-unit and parallel rack systems, display cases and walk-in boxes
- Valid driver's license and maintain a safe driving record accordance with the fleet policy
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bend and crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to fifty pounds, repetitively and for an external period.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to work nights and/or weekends as required
- EPA 608 Universal Certification
- Working knowledge of pressure regulators as they pertain to pressurized gases.
- Working knowledge of energy management systems
- Able to correctly teach all the previously listed items
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
- Company vehicle provided
- Incentives paid twice per year
- Benefits effective first day
- Paid training with access to extensive Hussmann Institute Online library
- Paid drive time (including overtime)
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer