Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
On-site support Engineer between Panasonic, Airline customers and/or Airframe Manufacturer (OEM) to ensure customer satisfaction, deliver OEM aircraft on-time and optimum performance of all Panasonic equipment. Performs engineering support, and technical liaison to our airline customers and OEM, ensuring product performance, functional, inspection, certification objectives are met. Represent Panasonic Field Support interests in resolution of technical issues with other Panasonic and customer/OEM engineering departments. Support OEM Engineering, Factory, Flightline, Flight Tests, Labs and other OEM manufacturing areas.
OEM Unique Responsibilities
- Document issues and troubleshooting in OEM FLIGHT database.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance and support for first of model installations, follow-on CFR 21 production aircraft, new equipment line-fit installations for hardware, wiring, and software integration efforts and problem resolution. Work with OEM and Panasonic engineering departments in conjunction with OEM Field Staff Engineers to ensure timely and accurate corrective action is achieved.
- Support and/or assist in OEM certification ground and flight testing.
- Support customer inspections and customer test flights on daily basis at OEM.
- Support any rework activities at the OEM including where our system integrates with other vendors/OEM systems. Provide inspection and sign off to PAC supplier rework with Panasonic QA delegated approval.
- Provide technical / Engineering guidance and field assistance to OEM Factory and Flightline in troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, network, and software issues.
- Carry out Panasonic specific system checks and tests. Including but not limited to, GCS system tests, IFE checks and aircraft systems checks where our system interfaces with other vendors/OEM systems.
- Support “Entry into service” software/media loading, in addition, GCS configuration preparation.
- Review mechanical, electrical, and software installation documentation as well as OEM Coordination Memos to verify that all specifications are met.
- Participate in resolving system operation or reliability issues by conducting investigations, collecting data to identify the scope of problems, and participating in the recovery plan as required with the OEM and other departments.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Panasonic Avionics products and installations, including a technical knowledge of system software and associated equipment. Remain current as new products and enhancements are released. Continually obtain new data, specifications, and interface with the departments developing new products and software.
- Contribute towards achieving Panasonic goals and objectives by assisting and providing support to OEM, Airline customers and Panasonic departments as directed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of aircraft avionics systems that interfaces with Panasonic equipment.
- Provide field inputs to other Panasonic departments, (i.e. Quality, Product Support Engineering, Regional Field Offices, Repair Center, Training, and Program Management) concerning technical product issues, installation or documentation related problems.
- Monitors and coordinates engineering solutions and implementation of fixes/solutions.
- Be cognizant of possible quality or reliability problems and analyze failures trends.
The salary wage range of $62,000 – $104,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to carry out assigned responsibilities while working independently and/or closely with peers and with minimum supervision; capable of establishing daily work priorities as required.
- Ability to multitask and apply priority to projects with adaptability and urgency while meeting timelines.
- Ability to understand and use wiring schematics, diagrams and other engineering/aircraft documentation.
- Must be able to operate advanced electronic test equipment and tooling and provide log/analysis results.
- Must possess an advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networks and troubleshooting methods.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with FAA, CAA, and ATA requirements for avionics equipment.
- While not a supervisory position, may need to manage shift assignments and participate in team planning activities.
- Capable of identifying complex engineering problems in software and hardware and reporting to OEM management and other Engineering departments, (i.e. problems can be fundamental design issues with software, power, and electronic components or they can be aircraft environment related).
- Demonstrated engineering-level product knowledge on avionics/electronics and/or related software areas.
- Uses professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Bachelors Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Information Technology, Engineering or Computer Sciences or related degree; Or 4+ years of engineering experience in Information Technology, electronic / avionics systems, software or broadcast technology may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Solid technical background in high performance electronics/avionics, audio/video and software controlled systems.
- Previous Field experience or Software skills in Linux, Unix preferred.
- Active driver’s license and willing to submit to a background record check.
- Willing to work multiple shifts, Holidays, weekends and beyond normal business hours as required. Work schedule as assigned by Management.
- Must support daily OEM test flights. OEM medical review may be required.
- Ability to travel to customer and/or OEM sites (domestic and international) up to 20% of the time. Not limited to these locations.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and operate in confined spaces for extended periods.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we Offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off:
- Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees.
- Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure.
- All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI).
- Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family.
- Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.