Software Quality Engineer
Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOU TO DO IN THIS CRITICAL ROLE:
We are looking for a Software Quality Engineer - 1) to be responsible for the delivery of quality software by ensuring effective execution of design and development processes, and 2) to be on front line of making our existing product and service offering better through process improvements, while at the same time working with design and development teams to develop progressive processes and quality framework for new offerings.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE:
- Create and maintain Product & Process Assurance (P&PA) procedures and plans in compliance with customer requirements, and ensure effective use of information to drive compliance and continuous improvement
- Work with testing and design teams to review of products and systems, understand effectiveness and produce required reports
- Participate in and document project milestone reviews for assigned tasks.
- Investigate and report non-compliances to company processes to testing and design teams and collaborate to address any improvements as needed
- Follow up regularly with various departments to communicate results
- Review findings and escalate for proper resolution of product and process non-compliances.
- Provide necessary support to management on a wide range of improvement projects.
- Plan and establish schedules for own work and follow up performance against estimates.
- Provide technical consultation and advice to peers.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Highly-proficient ability to convey technical information as well as interface with internal and external customers.
- Experienced conducting research and defining procedures for engineering and process issues.
- Familiar with project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies and associated logistics across multiple functions.
- Develop solutions to problems of moderate to high complexity.
- Use expertise, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a wide variety of issues.
- Independently determines the best approaches for achieving results.
- Proven ability to communicate and work with cross-functional departments and groups.
- Prior Software Quality Assurance and/or Configuration Management highly desirable
- Knowledge of DO-160/178/254 desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- BS of Engineering, or other relevant discipline.
- 5-10 years of experience in relevant areas.