Researches, designs, develops, implements and improves processes to enhance schedule performance, lower costs, and improve quality through application of Lean/Value Analysis-Value Engineering concepts, techniques, analysis and decision tools within high-volume automotive distribution and logistics environment.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Utilizes engineering methods (e.g., mathematical models, simulation, statistics) to assist in developing optimal process designs and efficient utilization of resources (e.g., facilities, personnel, materials, equipment). Develops warehousing labor standards, rates, workload and staffing models considering standard rates.
- Develops meaningful productivity metrics and KPIs for large-scale automotive warehousing environment.
- Surveys, benchmarks and develops gap analysis to industry benchmark KPIs for order fulfillment, receipts, picks, put-aways and shipments in automotive Tier1 or OEM environment.
- Leads projects (ERP, cap-x, in/outsourcing etc.) to close gaps to industry benchmarks.
- Regularly surveys equipment suppliers, 3PLs, OEMs and other 3rd parties for productivity & service level improvements enabled by emerging technologies (RFID, WMS, AGVs, conveyors, scanners, automated packaging, labeling etc.)
- Assists with material flow path modeling and optimal bin/container/location design to minimize travel distances, reduce errors/defects and ensure reliability of critical scale processes.
- Improves warehouse labor productivity in line with industry norms, leads cap-x improvement projects, and develops optimal balance of in-sourced/outsourced headcount,
- Adequate LI representation in meetings and real-time communication to Site Director on issues requiring escalation.
- Ongoing communication with corporate, factory, and LI Operations to ensure operation is running efficiently and with enough capacity to meet customer demand.
- A culture of continuous improvement by constantly identifying opportunities to reduce cost, gain efficiencies, and/or eliminate waste.
- Constant evaluation of manufacturing processes to assess effectiveness, identify alternatives, and/or eliminate steps if they no longer serve the original intended purpose.
- Constant review of team activity and value-added work to identify gaps and assess the possibility of using outside vendors to offset peaks in workload.
- Responsible for maximizing the use of Technology, Business Intelligence, and managing budget to ensure year-on-year improvements.
- This role is also connected to the Global Manufacturing Engineering corporate function in all locations, but especially PASA Headquarters.
- Collaboration is a vital leadership style and skill necessary for success at PASA, and as such, this role will likely work with professionals throughout all PASA sites, including MX factories and PASA corporate functions.
- Use of Lean assessments to identify gaps and opportunities and define annualized business strategy to achieve business goals.
- Define and execute internal strategies for year over year improvement of PASA Lean Culture level.
- Define and execute Lean training plan for direct and indirect employees at all levels.
- Four-Year College Degree in Engineering, Materials Management or equivalent, related degree with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in high-volume automotive manufacturing or warehousing environment or equivalent combination of education/experience required.
- Labor Management background/experience required.
- Prefer experience within or contracted to 3PL’s, managing internal staff, external and/or contract employees.
- Strong ability to holistically analyze overall material flow process and implement process improvements.
- Ability to apply continuous improvement techniques (Lean, TPM, Kaizen) is required.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with both hourly staff and senior managers.
- Ability to project manage and deliver results in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
- SAP Warehouse Management experience preferred (or similar ERP warehousing management application).
- Spanish language experience preferred.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.