The inventory analyst is responsible for managing inventory items and the daily inventory operations of the organization by analyzing inventory data, performing statistical/financial analytics to determine inventory position and perform root cause analyses to determine inventory discrepancies.
- Manage inventory levels by running bi-weekly MRP reports by identifying and validating stock requirements.
- Collect, document, monitor, review inventory data and analyze inventory transactions for accuracy and timeliness within the ERP system.
- Maintain monthly inventory reconciliations, produce inventory reports on a regular basis for management.
- Ensure that all inventory transactions are being accounted for and duly reported.
- Monitor inventory levels very closely and resolve any issues that may become apparent or come up unexpectedly.
- Maintain and improve the company’s inventory situation by analyzing inventory statistics regularly to determine inventory dynamics.
- Using inventory data analytics to estimate demand, build inventory, develop replenishment strategies, plan inventory disposition, and spot emerging inventory issues.
- Create reports that ensure inventory levels, sales trends, and other information that can help identify business opportunities or challenges.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, business administration, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field.
- Preferred: None
- 3 years of related experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with databases and spreadsheets.
- Good computer skills.
- Strong analytical, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, multi-tasking and data analysis skills.
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.