Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
The position:Responsible for undertaking and executing day to day tasks relating to importing and exporting products in conjunction with Customs import/export regulations, Other Government Agency (OGA) regulations and, routing guidelines. Provide support as required in the areas of duty drawback claims filing, crossdock order processing, duty deferral programs and, logistics to minimize shipment execution delays and ensures billing accuracy against contracts and tariffs.
- Classifies and maintains product dictionary, ensuring that all items have accurate product descriptions, appropriate tariff classifications, country of origins, ECCNs and preferential treatment based on regulatory requirements with minimal assistance from Management.
- Processes and manages Import entries including but not limited to:
- Performs all activities related to self-filed customs entries for imported products from pre-alert through delivery
- Manages and audits customs entries performed by customs house brokerage firms, including but not limited to receipt of pre-alert, providing classification, documentation, and additional information as required for timely and accurate entry
- Performs timely and accurate audit on duty invoices, customs entries filed by PAC and customs house brokerage firms to ensure accurate entry and duty payment
- Coordinates applicable Duty/Tax payments to government agencies, including reporting as needed
- Interacts with freight forwarders/carriers/agents where needed to collect documents, pay freight charges and other fees to ensure customs release and final delivery
- Obtain POD on all imports
- Timely and accurate ISF or other filings as required to ensure compliant transportation
- File and maintain records as required by regulations
- Liaise with Customs agencies on shipment arrivals where information requests, manipulation or other where needed
- Perform and Manage timely and accurate drawback or other duty/tax claims including but not limited to:
- Identifying qualifying exports
- Obtaining shipment documents, AWBs, proof of delivery, waiver letters or other documents as required
- Identifying qualifying import entries using various internal and external systems, perform audit prior to submission
- Provide PAC management and/or finance team or drawback filer with required information to facilitate refund filing
- Interface with customers or internal team members to education on duty drawback, duty deferment schemas, import tax refund requirements to facilitate claims processing
- Verify return of duties/taxes
- File and maintain records as required by regulations
- Develop and manage on end to end trade compliance, drawback, customs entry and other process flows and process documents.
- Perform and manage crossdock shipments, including but not limited to:
- Identify inbound shipments, track to delivery at 3rd party location
- Review onforwarding requirements, coordinate order releases with Order Administration where transit time and carrier doesn’t align to ensure OTD
- Obtain and onforward documents where needed
- Process shipments and resolve data issues in various company logistics systems to facilitate visibility for processing at 3rd party location
- Coordinate with 3rd party onforwarding provider to ensure timely and accurate movement of goods after delivery
- Coordinate timely receipt of report from 3rd party provider and update PAC system with onforwarding AWB and Carrier in timely/accurate manner
- Respond to requests for information from internal parties on status of shipments and interface with 3rd party and internal parties to resolve issues and escalate to management as needed
- Resolve shipping/transportation issues with respective shipping groups in the various company established logistics systems
- Review, audit and correct transportation billing against contracts and tariffs to ensure compliance.
- Develop and maintain end to end process flows and process documents as it relates to product movements, crossdock and other logistics activities.
- At least diploma in relevant discipline with at least 4 years shipping & transportation and customer services experience.
- Working knowledge and understanding of electronic products or experience in a high tech industry required.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications.
- Good communication skills in English (both written and spoken).
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP applications such as Oracle, SAP, etc.
- Customs Broker License/Regional Certification preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience in import processes, customs brokerage functions and international logistics process is required.
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of the Harmonized General System of Preferences (GSP) in order to properly classify products and determine duty-free applicability on imported goods.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of Export Administration requirements (ECCN) rules and regulations to classify goods for export.
- Ability to process compliant and timely Customs Entries.
- Knowledge and understanding of duty drawback, duty deferment schemas and import tax refund processes pursuant to government regulations and company policy.
- Intermediate knowledge and experience in logistics bookings and routings with carriers and freight forwarders preferred.
- Able to work overtime when required.
- Full working rights in Singapore (without work visa sponsorship).
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.