Panasonic Customs Trade Compliance Specialist
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Drafting Policy and Procedure Documents
- Prepare and scrutinize for CSR assessment as following,
- Employee Handbook, Workers General Rules, BC, Emergency Procedures , Compliance Policy
- Compliance Committee Meeting Minutes, Hotline Report Records, Individual Labor Contract
- Documents to Show Those who are Not Enrolled in Plan and Legal Justification
- Hiring Requirements, List of Foreign Workers, Recruitment Requirement or Requisition
- CSR Guideline, Policy, Training Record
- Endorsed Policy on Health and Safety, Endorsed Policy on Compliance, Harassment
- Extracting Requirements from Standards and Laws
- CSR Assessment, Supply Chain CSR Guideline, Conflict Minerals, UFLPA, CTPAT
- CSR Related Project Management
- For the above 2 points 1. Drafting Policy and Procedure Documents 2. Extracting Requirements from Standards and laws, to accumulate evidence for more than one year, we recommend the following steps for follow up and management
What You'll Bring:
Education and Experience: Degree required and or preferred
- B.A. or B.S. degree or higher regardless of major, with a preference for natural or social science disciplines.
- Minimum of 3 years of trade practical experience in compliance related matters.
- Basic knowledge of general trade practices, including export import contracts, logistics, handling shipping documents, and export import payment methods.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- U.S. Export Import Customs related tasks
- U.S. Import Classification related tasks
- U.S. Import Control related tasks
- U.S. Customs or ISO Audit related tasks
- Procedure and Standard Operating Procedure SOP Creation and Maintenance
- U.S. Legal Record keeping Obligation Information Management tasks
Competencies: Key desired behaviors; e.g., problem solving, innovation, collaboration, etc.
- Passion to create new solution of global procurement and supply chain
- Set challenging goals
- Desire for self improvement
- Proactively act as Customer First
Communications: Key communications contacts internal and or external and level of persuasion required
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate in English Listening, speaking, writing and reading.
- Communication skill in Japanese preferred.
Other Requirements: E.g., working conditions, physical requirements, travel, etc.
- Occasional travel
- Team work spirit
- Ability to work extended shifts, evenings and weekends as business needs require
- Ability to work 4-5 days per week from our Torrance, CA office
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic prioritizes total wellbeing. We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs to support your physical, emotional, financial, social and environmental health.
The salary range of $70,000 - $80,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
We understand that your career search may look different than others and embrace the professional, personal, educational, and volunteer opportunities through which people gain experience. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!