Machine Operator - ARP
The Auto Raku Prep (ARP) Machine Operator is responsible for the flow of material through the ARP machine. The Operator is responsible for managing the input and output efforts of the ARP machine. Additionally, the Operator must ensure the ARP machine operates well and maintenance is scheduled on a regular basis to eliminate downtime to support business needs.
- Maintain input levels to ensure it is fully loaded with Slitting jigs
- Unload and reload machine with new Slitting jigs when empty
- Ensure correct labeling and tracking of material to point of use
- Monitor Prep machines during idle time for smooth operation
- Ensure output side is being kept fully loaded with empty Winding carts
- Unload and reload output side with new empty Winding carts when empty
- Perform bobbin inspections prior to returning empty bobbins to Slitting on empty Slitting jigs
- Report all unusable bobbins to shift lead at end of shift to replenish bobbins inventory
- Perform housekeeping tasks such as sweeping or removing scrap material etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Report all equipment failures, damages, and truck accidents as they occur. Provide feedback to the safety committee on environmental issues affecting safe equipment operation
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: None
- Must be able to perform basic system analysis to load and unload correct material jigs to point of use
- Basic Computer Knowledge required
- Ability to work with a team of knowledgeable professionals and partners
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 10%
- Walk: 40%
- Stand: 50%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 20 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 35 lbs.: Frequent
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Frequent
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.