- Operates one or several lithium-ion battery cell production machines. Machine types may be roll presses, punch presses, inspection, and conveyance machines
- Has the authority to stop the process to avoid making sub-standard product
- Reads all SDS' and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements
- Operates and starts-up the machines
- Ability to identify problems and minor troubleshooting
- Delivery of materials to production floor
- Ability to analyze, estimate workload and perform multi-tasking
- Assist Maintenance Technicians in preventative maintenance procedures such as lubricating machinery
- Monitors processes and performs continuous image inspections and visual quality checks of the products to ensure acceptance standards are met
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to use material bar code scanners
- Be-able to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Prepares documentation as required
- Maintains a clean and safe work area “5s” (Sort, Shine, Set-in Order, Standardize, Sustain). Understands department workflow, processes & detailed oriented
- Excellent communication with co-workers both verbally and with good written skills
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- Wearing PPE is a possibility and includes equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: High School Diploma, GED (General Education Development) or equivalent required
- Preferred: High School Diploma, GED (General Education Development) or equivalent required
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Minimum of two years previous experience in a manufacturing environment, automation, or assembly is required
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Work within the Metric and Standard systems of measurement
- Basic skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook) preferred
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 20%
- Walk: 20%
- Stand: 50%
- Lift: 10%
Tools and/or Equipment: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Keyboard/Computer: Occasional
- Office Equipment: Occasional
- Phone Occasional
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Occasional
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.