Plan, organize and direct maintenance activities for the plant to meet established plant objectives. Serve as a teacher, coach and advisor to facilitate teamwork and continued employee development.
- Provide manufacturing, process and team support, direction, expertise and effort in specific manufacturing areas. Focus is on meeting plant objectives in safety, quality, productivity, delivery and cost.
- Review, develop, implement and revise all processes and procedures within the manufacturing areas assigned to ensure continuous improvement activities. This includes implementation and maintenance of lean principles (for example, value stream mapping and line rebalancing), in more than one area, with proven results as indicated by plant metrics (BSC, AOP and other department metrics). Also includes use of ACPs, participation in audit programs and implementation of engineering changes. Be knowledgeable of PFMEA and control plan activities and maintain to meet deadlines.
- Lead and develop teams in each area. Enable team members to use tools such as effective meetings, consensus building, coaching, problem-solving, audits and feedback to meet team and plant goals.
- Coordinate and monitor training and development programs to ensure operator effectiveness, skill enhancement and flexibility within the work group and the plant. Ensure certification processes are followed and maintained.
- Assume responsibility for all administrative facets of the area assigned, including personnel (discipline, attendance, etc.) and operations (operations reporting). Assist in the development of policies and procedures. Address issues of consistency of application of policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in supplier interaction activities, such as insourcing, outsourcing, quality and delivery issues, and supplier visits and audits
- Participate in the panel interview and hiring process for hourly and professional positions. Develop new supervisors and leaders in plant hourly positions, such as operations technicians and engineering technicians.
- Associates Degree required; Bachelors preferred
- 5 + years of CNC Machinery experience required
- E-Maintenance Software experience preferred
- Forklift experience preferred
- 6 Sigma - achieve yellow belt status preferred
- Lean training
- Leadership Skills
- Financial acumen
- OSHA knowledge