Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
- Supervise daily line station operations in the process of providing inspection and repair services on aircraft. Responsible for dispatching all overnight aircraft with guaranteed 100 percent seat functionality at departure. Since seat guarantees are an integral part of Panasonic Avionics Maintenance Services, the staffing and scheduling of site personnel and their functions are paramount to the success of the company.
- Maintenance Operations
- Schedule site personnel to weekly shift patterns pursuant to the customer's flight schedule.
- Direct Inventory Control and local logistics of customer and Panasonic Avionics owned capital assets.
- Schedule preventive maintenance activities of systems installed on customer aircraft during over night holds; Office management of local site specific responsibilities which includes local port Authority personnel identification administration, Customs clearance and security seals, overtime, vehicle maintenance, office administration and cleanliness.
- External contacts include routine daily customer contacts at the Line Maintenance levels, local airport authorities including Customs, Air Freight forwarders and brokers for local logistics.
- Internal contacts include MMS Personnel, MMS Administration Staff, H.R. and other Panasonic Avionics departments as required to execute the MMS agreements specific to the site.
- May also perform onboard maintenance activities and fill-in for absent employees.
- Hire, train, supervise, and appraise direct reports.
What we are looking for:
- Background in Aircraft Line Maintenance with the appropriate academic/technical qualifications and experience to satisfy regulatory licensing for assigned country or geographical region, and customer requirements e.g. FAA Airframe and Power plant license. 3-5 years lead/crew chief/ supervisory experience.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook (MS products).
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems as they occur on the local level, not allowing the issue to progress further.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Hold a valid driver's license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
*Must be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority and/or airline customers related to health and safety and/or access to the airport, airplanes, and related equipment; including vaccination and testing where lawful and applicable.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
- Paid time off: Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company-paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation