Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Supervise daily line station operations in the process of providing inspection and repair services on aircraft. Responsible for dispatching all overnight aircraft with guaranteed 100 percent seat functionality at departure. Since seat guarantees are an integral part of Panasonic Avionics Maintenance Services, the staffing and scheduling of site personnel and their functions are paramount to the success of the company.
- Maintenance Operations
- Schedule site personnel to weekly shift patterns pursuant to the customer's flight schedule.
- Direct Inventory Control and local logistics of customer and Panasonic Avionics owned capital assets.
- Schedule preventive maintenance activities of systems installed on customer aircraft during over night holds; Office management of local site specific responsibilities which includes local port Authority personnel identification administration, Customs clearance and security seals, overtime, vehicle maintenance, office administration and cleanliness.
- External contacts include routine daily customer contacts at the Line Maintenance levels, local airport authorities including Customs, Air Freight forwarders and brokers for local logistics.
- Internal contacts include MMS Personnel, MMS Administration Staff, H.R. and other Panasonic Avionics departments as required to execute the MMS agreements specific to the site.
- May also perform onboard maintenance activities and fill-in for absent employees.
- Hire, train, supervise, and appraise direct reports.
What We’re Looking For:
- Background in Aircraft Line Maintenance with the appropriate academic/technical qualifications and experience to satisfy regulatory licensing for assigned country or geographical region, and customer requirements e.g. FAA Airframe and Power plant license. 3-5 years lead/crew chief/ supervisory experience.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook (MS products).
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems as they occur on the local level, not allowing the issue to progress further.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Must have the legal right to work in assigned country through nationality, visa or work permits.
- Travel up to 20% of the time to both domestic and international locations.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment may be required.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds may be required.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods may be required.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels may be required.
- Hold a valid driver's license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.