WHO IS PANASONIC AVIONICS:
If you've ever boarded a plane with a video display on the seat in front of you, offering Movies, TV, Gaming, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Audio; there's a great chance that Panasonic Avionics is behind it all. And we are looking for the best and brightest to join our Panasonic Technical Services Team to help us continue to provide the best In-Class Services.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) is looking to hire a Avionics Electrical Technician (IFE Electrical Technician) to join our corporate team of experts who assemble, test, repair, and improve the performance of IFE (in-flight entertainment) systems on planes for some of the most recognized airlines in the world. As the #1 provider of IFE products in the world, Panasonic Avionics offers a great culture, training platform, and long-term career trajectory that is designed to make your career TAKE OFF!
Hourly rate for this position ranges from $23.55 to $31.47 based on years of experience.
This is a full time, direct hire position, offering full medical, dental, vision, 401k, and life insurance. Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, two weeks of accruable PTO, 14 paid Company Holidays, 7 sick days, and 3 personal days. Ask your recruiter about additional perks to work with PAC.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Under general supervision, maintain, repair and troubleshoot testing instruments, Commercial Off-The- Shelf (COTS) Test Equipment and industry specific testers and/or simulation equipment to support production requirements of the FAA/EASA/CASA or equivalent regulatory authority. Under general supervision, provide support to the media and Technical publications groups.
Instrumentation and Calibration
- Repair, verify and maintain special electronic test equipment and industry specific tester devices in direct support of repair production and testing.
- Assist in the design, fabrication, testing and commissioning of mockup/simulation equipment for system-level testing and troubleshooting of new IFE electronic suites.
- Maintain vital tester data i.e. non-released tester schematics, common tester failure reports and interface cross-functionally with LF and OSA Tester Engineering groups.
- Operate and set up test equipment and tester software for periodic calibration and oversee ancillary test equipment calibration.
- Perform the set-up, calibration, testing, and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies.
- Perform hand set-ups for digital tests. Recognize failures and set-up problems, and determine the need for appropriate verification.
- Record required information on all repairs and publication discrepancies.
- Work with Panasonic Technical Publications overseeing technical data review for
- Test and troubleshoot complex analog and digital electronics systems to the component level.
- Apply 14 CFR Part 145 Repair Station regulations to maintain regulatory requirements within the Tester Services Group.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing tester repair issues.
Documentation and Other
- Create and edit associated, test and mockup documentation to support the development of mockups and tester commissioning.
- Document mockup and/or simulator devices with emphasis on Wire diagram and operational procedures.
- Complete other special projects as assigned by group
WHAT IS REQUIRED
- HS Diploma or GED is required
- Associates Degree in Electronics preferred or equivalent level of working or military education
- 1-4 years avionics or IFE (in-flight entertainment) repair industry experience highly
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel and Visio .
- Must have experience with electrical repair or electronic device assembly and testing in a previous role.
- Must have an IPC 620 Certification or be willing to obtain certification within six months of
- Working knowledge of building testers, maintaining testers, wiring diagrams, soldering, calibration laboratory experience, ground support equipment or Line Replacement Unit experience is highly preferred.
- Experienced in the use of power tools.
- Must have a strong foundation in electronic principles and sound troubleshooting skills to resolve system integration problems.
- Must be able to operate repair shop bench equipment including Volt-ohm meters, oscilloscopes, audio and video signal generator and semi-automatic test equipment. Ability to operate programmable power supplies and special test fixtures.
- Apply general knowledge of tester equipment operations to resolve tester problems using manuals, interconnect diagrams, and other technical information.
- Solid grasp of repair and/or maintenance Ground Support Experience with IFE LRU repair and theory a plus.
- Understanding of electronic circuit design to facilitate fault isolation and
- Ability to communicate effectively with Tester Services Group, LF/OSA, Engineering groups and the
- Repair Shop for resolving tester repair
- Must be able to work within a multi-cultural environment and read and write
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k w/50% match, 2 weeks PTO, 7 paid sick days, 3 personal days, 14 paid Company Holidays, Tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation
#aviation #aerospace #ifesystem #inflightentertainment #aeronautics #electrical #airframe