Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills, and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
The position: .
Test and Calibration
- Coordinate and schedule repair, verification and maintenance of special electronic test equipment and industry specific tester devices in direct support of repair production and testing, performing in a lead capacity.
- Apply 14 CFR Part 145 Repair Station regulations (or regional equivalent) to maintain regulatory requirements within the Tester Services Group.
- Interface with PAC Osaka, Lake Forest, Tester Services Manager and customers for troubleshooting and solving technical tester issues.
- Perform the set-up, calibration, testing, and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies.
- Recognize failures and set-up problems, and determine the need for appropriate verification.
- Record required information on all work orders documenting repairs and publication discrepancies.
- Work with Repair Administrative group, ensuring that all tester service requests are properly closed and all work documented within a reasonable time after the work has been performed.
- Make sure that all tester Service requests document all TSG work performed and that the SR is properly closed by month end.
- Provide a weekly report, including open problems, closures and overall equipment status to group management.
- Test and troubleshoot complex analog and digital electronics systems to the component level.
- Document technical failure trends and aid in the diagnosis of tester related problems.
- Performs integration of Tester Services designed mock-ups and S/W integration racks utilizing Standard Engineering Development principles.
- Coordinate and schedule Tester upgrades and maintenance with Repair Operations Supervisors without interruption to production, maintaining a 90% Tester Operational capability.
- Forecast Panasonic IFE equipment and tester needs to support new product line development
- Procedures, Documentation and Process Improvements
- Create and maintain Tester Services technical documentation. Maintain and publish test and mockup design documentation
- Vendor Support and Special Projects
- Oversee the work of external vendors, coordinating delivery schedules and maintaining records for test equipment calibration and repair; ensure that all test equipment and tools are routinely audited and are in compliance with OEM calibration requirements.
- Complete other special projects as assigned by the Tester Services Manager and Supervisors. Understand/learn LINUX OS used with media and the newer GSE products.
- Customer and Repair Shop Training
- Perform Tester theory and minor troubleshooting training with Repair Shop and Customer Personnel.
- Assists in the development of Tester Training Material
What we’re looking for:
- Advanced experience and knowledge of electronics and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with two years' cabin avionics industry experience.
- Requires in-depth understanding of electronic principles, test and integration methods to successfully handle complex system level troubleshooting events.
- Maintains deep knowledge of PAC products, testers, harnesses and associated equipment to support resolution of tester problems. Must be up-to-date on product revisions and modifications.
- Must be familiar with engineering terms and methodologies and have the ability to interpret and explain to production staff and management.
- Possess a strong understanding of 14 CFR Part 145 for repair station regulatory compliance within the
- Technical Services Group.
- Skilled ability to read and understand schematics and other technical publications in order to facilitate troubleshooting, repair and testing.
- Advanced ability in fault isolation and troubleshooting.
- Must be able to operate repair shop bench equipment including Volt-ohm meters, oscilloscopes, audio and video signal generator and semi-automatic test equipment. Ability to operate programmable power supplies and special test fixtures. Experienced in the use of power tools.
- Successfully handle complex system level troubleshooting events requiring in-depth understanding of electronic principles, test and integration methods.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Tester Services Group, LF/OSA, Engineering groups and the Repair Shop for resolving tester repair issues. Demonstrated ability to perform as leader and facilitator.
- Must have practical knowledge and experience in applying 5S concepts and methods.
- Critical thinking of, and experience in, how/when to escalate issues to achieve effective and efficient action.
- Must be able to work within a multi-cultural environment and read and write English.
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Uses professional concepts; applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Recognized technical qualification or relevant experience. (In U.S., Associates Degree in Electronics or
- Electronics Technology preferred or equivalent military education and experience.)
- 8+ years’ of IFE industry experience.
- 5-7 years’ experience as a Technical Support Technician II or equivalent.
- Certification with IPC 617/7711A or WHMA-A-620A is required.
- In U.S. FAA Repairman certification is a plus. FAA A&P License preferred.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspect of leading our industry is the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive, and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company-paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employees, spouse, and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term Disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third-party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third-party customers, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.