- Supervise daily line station operations in the process of providing inspection and repair services on aircraft.
- Responsible for dispatching all contracted aircraft within contracted seat availability guarantee at departure.
- Schedule site personnel to weekly shift patterns pursuant to the customer’s flight schedule.
- Direct Inventory Control and local logistics of the customer and Panasonic Avionics owned capital assets.
- Schedule preventive maintenance activities of systems installed on contracted customer aircraft where applicable; Office management of local site-specific, responsibilities which include local airport Authority personnel identification administration, Customs clearance, overtime, vehicle maintenance, office administration, and cleanliness.
- External contacts include routine daily customer contacts at the Line Maintenance levels, local airport authorities including Customs, Air Freight forwarders, and brokers for local logistics.
- Internal contacts include PTS Personnel, Administration Staff, H.R., and other Panasonic Avionics departments as required to execute the PTS agreements specific to the site.
- May also perform onboard maintenance activities and fill-in for absent employees.
Train, supervise, and appraise direct reports.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems as they occur on the local level, not allowing the issue to progress further.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires a review of relevant factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Strong background in Aircraft Line Maintenance with the appropriate academic/technical qualifications and experience to satisfy regulatory licensing for Lebanon and customer requirements e.g. FAA / EASA license.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience as a maintenance Lead/Crew Chief/Supervisor/Manager.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, and holidays.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment may be required.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending, or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds may be required.
- The ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods may be required.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels may be required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.