Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, and career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. For a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
The Program Manager II engages in airline accounts with complex integration activities. Involves some engineering product development and installation design coordination requiring interaction with functional departments, i.e. Engineering, Logistics, Product Support, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Osaka and Regional Offices. Support OTD, Technical Data requirements, Fit Check, and Test parts. Ensures that customer requirements are adequately defined, uniformly understood and appropriately planned to achieve the successful execution of the program. Performs as program focal for the total program success. May perform as subject matter expert on Program Management processes, including development of documentation, training and mentoring on processes and cross-functional status reporting on process utilization/execution. Supports Regional Director as required.
Management of Integration Activities
- Identify Fit Check, test parts and tester requirements in support of program requirements.
- Maintain program costs and scope of work and issue change requests for all out-of-scope work. Provide Marketing costs for out-of-scope work to be presented to the customer
- Update and maintain program parts list, Airbus evolution sheets, schedules and program plans to program requirements.
- Identify purchasing requisitions as needed for spare certification or as requested
- Identify the program requirement for procurement and shipping of test/fit checks, and testers to third-party suppliers as required.
- Identify/Generate PGA to secure parts before customers' purchase orders have been received to protect lead times.
- Ensure consistent and proper business processes are followed by departmental procedures and company policy.
- Monitor program schedule commitments and direct appropriate personnel to possible impacts(s) or change(s).
- Coordinate third-party suppliers to complete program requirements.
Customer Requirements/Program Support
- Develop and maintain program plans that identify work scope, schedules, milestones, and program team members derived from Marketing Program Handover sheets, P&L, Marketing handover meetings and executive Marketing summaries.
- Act as communications focal point to the airline customers, third-party suppliers and/or OEM as required.
- Ensure that certification and technical data requirements are defined and coordinated.
- Maintain superb communications between Panasonic and customers through regular follow-up status reviews and correspondence.
Interdepartmental Communication and Support
- Assist Marketing in the pursuit of new business.
- Coordinate closely with the Order Administration/Program Administrator to monitor and provide a status on the customer’s equipment orders and deliveries, and the overall program status with third-party suppliers, aircraft OEMs, and customers ensuring overall program requirements are met. Identify all potential delivery delays and notify Program Managers/Regional Directors of critical delays.
- Work closely with Engineering for drawing support and drawing change requirements, responding to those changes impacting parts and schedules.
- Provide close coordination with functional departments, third-party suppliers and customers.
- Ensure a smooth transition to in-service operation by coordinating throughout the program with the Product Support Group/CSE and MMS.
- Communicate and coordinate spare certification and shipment on assigned programs as needed.
- Ensure superb communications between Panasonic internal and external customers are maintained within Panasonic standards.
- Lead the program team by conducting regular team meetings, ensuring that action item logs are kept and integrated schedules are available.
- Arrange, attend and chair program team meetings, reviews, technical coordination meetings and design reviews as required.
- Assist members of functional organizations by providing direction for program activities and issues resolution(s).
- May directly supervise Program Administrator involving the added responsibility of monitoring performance, training, overseeing work assignments, providing guidance in problem-solving, and conducting advancement and performance appraisals.
- Responsible for the management of the overall cross-functional program teams. It also provides functional managers advice on the performance of team members, and on training needed, provides guidance in problem-solving, and directs activities relative to the performance of tasks in support of the assigned program requirements.
What we are looking for:
- Comprehensive related work experience in a technical program or project management, 2 of which must have been in a leadership capacity.
- Aerospace and/or IFE industry is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations, analyze and interpret customer requirements, plan and monitor effectively, and function as a champion for customer satisfaction while managing program performance to meet the needs of the company.
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office suite of software applications. (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, VISIO, Project).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple programs and issues.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work through issues with a team without escalation.
- Ability to thoroughly articulate his/her position(s) concerning problems and/or solutions on his/her own accord with minimum assistance from upper management.
- Ability to prioritize daily workload in support of program needs.
- Practiced team building and leadership skills.
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills combined with the ability to effectively interact with customers and a diverse range of internal organizations.
- Ability to work well with people under pressure including people from diverse cultural and political backgrounds.
- Outgoing, self motivated, well organized and detailed oriented.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to resolve conflicts and filter conflicting agendas to determine the best path forward to a resolution.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- The ability for up to 20-30% travel domestically and internationally is required.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We proudly offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.