Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
- Managing the overall scope of various projects (mechanical, chemical, engineering, construction, process improvement, etc.)
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget.
- Managing and controlling project budget, tracking actual cost vs budgeted cost, forecasting anticipated costs, creating daily or weekly cost reports, etc.
- Controlling and managing project documentation including issuing contracts, change orders, request for information (RFI), drawing/design packages, design change narratives (DCN), etc.
- Creating and maintaining project schedule of the entire scope of project(s) including all related cross-functional departments. Tracking critical path of project including recovery schedules and areas of schedule improvement.
- Leading and directing project meetings utilizing all necessary related project documentation such as the following: schedule, budget, meeting minutes, installation procedures, etc.
- Measuring project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Analyzing potential risks and performing risk management procedures to minimize project risks.
- Creating daily or weekly project reports including major highlights, schedule updates, current project status, issues or conflicts, lessons learned, and next action plans.
- Developing spreadsheets, diagrams, and process maps to document needs.
- Working efficiently with Panasonic Project Management Office (PMO) to prioritize a list of many projects and execute approved projects with available resources.
- Providing input on process improvement opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, construction management, or a related field from a four-year College or University.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in project management.
- Strong project leader with excellent organizational and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of and comfort with Microsoft Office Suite software including Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability and proficiency in collecting, analyzing, and presenting data.
- Solid computer skills and demonstrated general working knowledge of Microsoft Project or equivalent project management software tools.
- Effective planning, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results.
- Self-starter who works well independently and an outstanding ability to follow up with minimal direction and a focus on team success.
- Able to make appropriate decisions when confronted with obstacles, think about them before taking action, and consistently resolve issues in creative and effective ways.
- A strong work ethic with a “get the job done” approach and consistently delivers excellent customer service, both internally and externally.
- Intuitive, adaptable, creative, and collaborative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative nature with strong team building skills and willing to learn from and accept guidance from others.
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment (1M+ units per day) including industries such as batteries or electronic devices.
- Experience in mechanical or chemical engineering.
- Six-Sigma certification.
- Experience utilizing Primavera P6 scheduling software.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.
Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.