Role and Responsibilities
- Performs building surveys of HVAC and Refrigeration equipment/controls and operational costs and validates preliminary information with customers.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with sub-contractors and prepares request for quotation’s (RFQ) including scope statements, plans, specs, and bonding requirements.
- Performs construction plan review or other requirements as determined by project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet all of the customer’s facility requirements.
- Provides knowledge and consultation in the form of developing facility-related solutions for the customer’s problems. Determines project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet the entire customer’s building system design and installation requirements.
- Prepares, finalizes, reviews preliminary and/or final proposal.
- Handles all aspects related to on-site field personnel management to ensure safety, quality, and timely production.
- Responsible for creating detailed cost estimates consisting of controls, service agreements, materials, mechanical, electrical, and other sub-contractors, purchased equipment, labor, and other construction-related activities to assist Account Managers in bidding on or determining price of project.
- Utilizes plans, specifications, and knowledge of controls/construction industry to analyze project needs and compiles detailed cost estimates.
- Responsible for the take-off and pricing of controls materials, services and/or equipment to ensure accuracy of quantity, size, configuration, voltage, options, etc.
- Plans and analyzes assigned projects, establishes schedules/project parameters and sets procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex applications. Responsible for identifying possible cost saving opportunities and/or risk items that will occur on various projects.
- Clarifies, reconciles, and adjusts information gaps and scope deviations with operations group. Resolves major deviations from scope with team after project scope validation.
- Maintains quote log consisting of closed, open, and lost orders.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Required Level: Associates Degree OR One to Five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and/or knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC is preferred.
- Strong leadership and business acumen, and ability to manage small and large crews of construction professionals.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable construction/safety federal, state, and county codes and regulations.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, completing priorities/tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, required.
- Strong organizational, time management skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexibility to work outside of regular working hours, as required.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- 50-70% domestic travel