MAINTENANCE SERVICES TECHNICIAN - I
(Burlingame, CA - SFO Airport)
Minimum starting hourly rate of $22.75 (inclusive of local differential) with applicable education and 0-1 yr of experience. Starting rates increase with years of experience. Other offerings include bonus potential, paid time off, 11 paid holidays per year, sick time, medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, life insurance, and more. Relocation incentives available.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Under direct supervision, perform Line Maintenance on Aircraft In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) systems and other aircraft equipment to ensure system serviceability and functionality. Carry out systems troubleshooting using basic computer and electronic theories and test equipment. Remove and replace components and equipment in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures. If applicable, complete all administrative duties associated with maintenance actions performed.
- IFEC and Aircraft Systems Maintenance:
- Perform under supervision allocated maintenance tasks including component replacement, adjustments, and functional tests which includes but not limited to:
- Remove and replace components in accordance with all applicable documentation.
- Troubleshoot system failures down to Line Replaceable Units (LRU), cabling, or other aircraft systems and perform functional tests post rectification.
- Perform Cabin Sweep's in accordance with Panasonic LMP's and report findings.
- Perform Built-in (BIT) and manual test.
- Perform Software and Media Loading.
- Clean components and equipment racks if applicable to contract.
- If applicable, complete customer documentation in accordance with customer specific requirements
- Ensure timely escalation and coordination in close contact with direct Supervisor of any problem occurring in the assigned aircraft area.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by direct Supervisor.
- As required, work on other aircraft equipment as assigned.
- Communicate and interface with customer.
- Assist in the management of airside inventory, cycle counting, packaging and shipping of inventory.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping health and safety and tool care.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate Supervisor or Management.
What we’re looking for:
- Secondary / technical school as minimum.
- Electronics or A/C avionics background.
- Essential Aircraft maintenance experience.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic computer skills in using Linux.
- Use professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Must have the legal right to work in assigned country through nationality, visa or work permits.
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
- May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25 % of time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
- Ability to work a rotating shift roster that spans 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
- Ability to:
- Climb and work from ladder or platform and,
- Sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and
- to lift up to 50 pounds and operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods and
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
Must be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority and/or airline customers related to health and safety and/or access to the airport, airplanes, and related equipment; including vaccination and testing where lawful and applicable.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
- Paid time off:
- Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure.
- All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI).
- Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family.
- Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
A&P, Airframe and Powerplant, airplane mechanic, airline mechanic, aircraft mechanic, aviation mechanic, FAA Airframe and Powerplant mechanic