Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. For a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Provides technical training to global internal and external customers in support of Panasonic Avionics products and processes. Instructs in a classroom, video, or online delivery medium and evaluates training effectiveness. Supports the instructional design process by working closely with instructional designer, subject matter experts, researching, and developing content for use in training materials, manuals, presentations, storyboards, test items, and exams. Trains and evaluates new and/or junior-level instructors to ensure company standards are being met. Reports on work effort progress, issues, and risks to the Project Manager. Participates in work group efforts to improve curriculum and training processes by providing continual feedback and recommendations on existing curriculum.
Curriculum Development and Lifecycle Maintenance
- Research technical documentation for the purpose of developing training materials for manuals, presentations, and storyboards.
- Write instructional materials for multiple formats including instructor-led, video, and self-paced training using various authoring and development tools.
- Assist curriculum developers in revising existing curriculum and/ or developing new curriculum according to department standards.
- Develop test items and exams to support learning objectives and standards.
- Develop a working understanding of quality assurance processes, approved repair station training manual and repair station quality control manual, and other relevant documents.
- Deliver technical training in a classroom, video, or web-based delivery medium with increasing system/application complexity.
- Conduct student laboratory periods, practical demonstrations, and exercises.
- Administer exams and maintain student records.
- Administer class evaluations in order to obtain metrics of training effectiveness.
- Initiate curriculum and/or documentation change requests to ensure material is accurate.
- Assess and provide ongoing feedback and recommendations on the existing curriculum.
- Participate in work groups for process definition and improvement.
- Accurately estimate project work effort and report progress, issues, and risks to Project Manager in a timely manner.
- Participate in instructor and class evaluations to improve teaching effectiveness.
- Train new and/or junior level instructors to cross train on subject matter and technical knowledge.
What We’re Looking For:
- Working knowledge of global civil aviation regulations and requirements preferred.
- Working knowledge of aviation maintenance training and technical publications methods and standards preferred.
- Working technical knowledge of In-Flight Entertainment systems, system technology, and related components.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable interacting directly with customers.
- Ability to present and instruct technical information in a professional and engaging manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate to people with diverse cultural backgrounds and educational experiences.
- Proficient-level knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio.
- Working knowledge of learning management system administration.
- Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, workplace learning and performance, related degree/certification, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with aircraft maintenance practices and/or avionics preferred.
- 3-5 years experience developing technical curriculum in a corporate environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time. Willingness to travel according to business needs and schedules.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.