Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Responsible to perform management, planning, organizing and control of all Maintenance Services (MS) operation and administration at the Line Station location. Primary contact and focal for all Maintenance issues at the line station location. Represent Panasonic Maintenance Services at high level customer meetings, including but not limited to meetings regarding service levels, contractual disputes, and new service issues; coordinate these activities with involved internal customers.
- Train, supervise, assign projects to, evaluate and responsible for the hiring/termination of staff to maintain optimum performance of job duties.
- Supervise staff with responsibility for their assigned programs and daily tasks.
- Coordinate with others to ensure business goals are achieved.
- Develop and review all administrative responsibilities (i.e. work schedules, training, technical training) and standardized reporting.
- Ensure all personnel have proper MS and Customer Approved Training and that they understand the Responsibilities and Duties to PAC and the Customers.
- Create, gather and present pertinent information and metrics to customer and to company personnel.
- Maintain proper inventory control and reporting, etc.
- Ensure that all Chronic Problems, Full System or Partial System Failures are reported to the Maintenance Operations Center (MOC) and MS Technical Services and that uncorrected aircraft problems are communicated to the next station the aircraft is in transit to.
- Comply with all laws and regulations, and cooperate with all regulatory agencies and their representatives.
- Coordinate labor requirements and opening or closing of new stations within the assigned regional area.
- Ensure that all assigned stations perform to MS Standards such as UFMRs, and Filing of Station Records.
- Review the MS maintenance practices to ensure all procedures are in accordance with the FAA written policies and procedures of the Customer, and PAC.
- Coordinate with PAC QA regarding the ongoing MS Station Auditing schedule and work with Quality to ensure that all “reportable” stations meet FAA/EASA/airworthiness certification requirements.
- Oversee service deliveries to PAC customers within the assigned area, meeting contractual commitments in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Maintain 99.95 % Dispatch Reliability for MS Serviced Aircraft.
- Coordinate with all “third party” maintenance organizations to ensure service agreements are being met.
- Coordinate with MOC to ensure that tasks related to Customer Chronic Aircraft and open items are completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate effective media loading within area of responsibility.
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS degree strongly desired.
- Valid A&P, EASA, CASA or appropriate licensing specific to region
- 5 years of previous Airlines “line maintenance” experience, 2 of which should be in Electronic/Avionics line or work shop environment.
- 4-Years in a front line supervisory position with 2+ years of direct responsibility for four or more subordinates.
- Must hold a valid driver's license.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Manages, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- Good computer skills including three years experience on actual application of MS Windows, Word, Excel, and email.
- MS Project experience is a plus.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of electronics and troubleshooting (preferably acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with one or two years of related industry experience) or technical ability and experience to learn and trouble-shoot computer networking systems.
- Good understanding of financial controls and budgets.
- Ability to work well with others in small groups and with difficult people.
- Ability to interface easily with senior level management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English, both in writing and verbally to all levels of the organization as well as external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations at high level meetings.
- Ability to manage a 24/7 operation.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must pass extensive security, and background checks.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.