- Lead Maintenance to meet manufacturing KPI’s
- Promote and implement safety principles, environmental responsibility, and overall employee health and wellness
- Ensure compliance with all quality systems to achieve target quality
- Develop, lead, and role model organization standards
- Empower, develop, and reward individuals and teams for performance and growth
- Drive continuous improvement principles to improve results
- Lead ongoing improvements in production efficiency, implementing Lean principles, and demonstrate proficiency in implementation
- Develop Autonomous & Preventive Maintenance capability in organization including 6S
- Lead change management in accordance with business and plant objectives
- Be responsible for people management including goal setting, performance management, competency development, recognition, engagement, and well-being
- Ensure employees receive the necessary training, coaching and experiences to raise their performance level and advance the organization
- Proactively work with Production, Engineering, Facilities, EHS, QC, etc. in the incorporating of best practices into the manufacturing and maintenance environment
- Build a strong maintenance management team, providing a balanced focus between strategic, tactical and operational activities through exceptional servant leadership, while providing a clear vision and inspiring staff to achieve excellence
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employee’s, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 5-10+ years of Leadership experience in a high speed/high volume manufacturing
- Prior experience as a Maintenance Leader for a 24/7 operation in a large organization
- Previous experience in a high-performance culture working in a team environment with cross-functional groups
- Lean Six Sigma and/or continuous process improvement experience, experience with the HOSHIN scorecard process an added advantage.
- Must have a solid track record of Safety improvements through Behavior Based Safety, Hazard identification and Risk Assessments
- Previous experience in a world-class Maintenance organization with exposure to best practices in Preventative Maintenance as well as Predictive Maintenance (AC&R).
· Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) transactional experience-SAP
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving & communication skills
- Experience with a large-scale start-up maintenance operation in a highly automated environment an added advantage
- Ability and experience leading electromechanical and instrumentation technicians
- Knowledge of industrial battery charging systems an added advantage
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
As part of Panasonic’s expansion strategy, it is now constructing a very large Li-ion battery factory near Kansas City, Kansas. In this new green-field factory, Panasonic will manufacture cylindrical lithium-ion cells for various electric vehicle makers. This role is for a full-time position in the new factory being built in Kansas.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.