Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get To Do:
While ensuring a high level of customer service and satisfaction, the Lead Payroll Analyst role will have responsibility for ensuring all payrolls required for Panasonic Corporation of North America Shared Service are processed, audited and delivered to employees on a timely and accurate basis. Responsibilities will also include compliance, analysis, and reconciliation of payroll our Canadian Payrolls and be a backfill on parts of the US payroll processing. Currently, we are using Workday for US Payroll Processing and Time and Attendance and 2 ADP Platforms for the Canada Payrolls.
- Analyze and resolve payroll issues related to tax, general accounting, regulatory requirements, benefits, time reporting, and labor agreement matters.
- Proactively assess needs of the payroll department. Identify, analyze, and recommend business processes, and system enhancements for continuous improvement of the payroll process.
- Develop, run, and review audit reports to ensure accuracy of payroll data.
- Process manual checks, voids, stop pays, direct deposit reversals, and payroll adjustments as necessary.
- Ensure payroll systems and processes are appropriately set up to remain compliant with country and province regulatory legislation related to payroll.
- Develop and maintain payroll related content for Employee Services Knowledge Base.
- Perform testing support of payroll system patches and upgrades.
- Assist Sr Payroll Manager and Payroll Manager with research and compliance of Canada. regulations pertaining to labor and tax laws affecting employee paychecks.
- Document and update departmental policies and procedures as needed.
- Perform various audits and review schedules of employee data.
- Payroll processing and Time and Attendance for multiple companies in 2 ADP Payroll systems for hourly and salaried employees in Canada.
- Work with third party vendors to ensure payrolls are accurately completed per payroll schedules for Panasonic employees in Canada.
- Coordinate closely with accounting teams.
Communications and Customer Support
- Train HR Services team on payroll processing and time and attendance processes and updates to ensure 80 percent first call resolutions.
- Conduct User Training to HR when needed.
- Serve as Tier 2 Payroll support within HR Service model, addressing and resolving employee issues and questions related to pay while ensuring a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Meet service level agreements, SLAs, to ensure we are providing a high level of customer service while maintaining and building strong relationships.
- Individual Contributor, no direct reports
- Reports to Sr Payroll Manager
What You'll Bring:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience supporting time and payroll systems in a large corporate environment.
- Working knowledge of Canada. wage and hour, garnishments and payroll taxes rules at the federal and provincial levels with experience in year end process.
- Experience with Workday HCM, Payroll, Time Tracking preferred as well as ADP WorkforceNow.
- American Payroll Association training, CPP certification an advantage.
- Demonstrate good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to analyze complex payroll situations and make recommendations.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented and strong organization skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, payroll software, and report writing.
- Self starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels within and outside the company.
- Good time management skills in order to meet continuous critical deadlines.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and above average administrative skills.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic prioritizes total wellbeing. We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs to support your physical, emotional, financial, social and environmental health.
The salary range of $72K-$85K is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
We understand that your career search may look different than others and embrace the professional, personal, educational, and volunteer opportunities through which people gain experience. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!