Panasonic is seeking an HR Leader to join our team as an HR Manager – Production Client Support, reporting to the Director of HR. The HR Manager role is a strategic business partner who formulates and implements people/organizational strategy for assigned clients for Panasonic at the Gigafactory. This role is responsible for ensuring the effective and consistent delivery of human resources services including coaching/counseling employees and leadership, sourcing and selection, performance management programs, organizational effectiveness, compensation, leader and employee development and providing HR leadership for the employee base of over 4,300 at the Gigafactory. Bring your energy and creativity and come build with us.
- Lead a team for their internal clientele, to enable business objectives and amplify the voice of the employee.
- Partner with other HR functional areas such as Talent Acquisition, HR Operations, Legal, and Learning and Development to bring robust solutions to bear for organizational challenges.
- Generate credibility with employees through listening and maintaining a high “Say-Do” ratio and excellent follow-up back to each individual.
- Promote a high-performance culture in PENA and ensure talent is identified and developed to contribute to our competitive edge.
- Increase employee engagement and positive employee relations through high-touch interactions, upstream communications, opportunities for involvement both at work, as well as in the community.
- Elevate the capability of the HR Client Support team and by extension, the entire HR function through goals & objectives, training, regular feedback, HR staffing excellence and external perspective.
- Shape and champion PENA (Panasonic Energy North America) culture throughout the organization through personal example, clear communication and consistency in policy adherence.
- Create clear and practical policy that appropriately addresses business and employee needs.
- Develop leaders in the organization with excellent coaching and partnership.
- Present in various operational and employee meetings across a spectrum of HR related topics.
- Strengthen the function’s investigational and employee relations case management approach.
- Prepare contingency plans and emergency operational support in coordination with risk management planning.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, HR, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a HR capacity, including having led teams
- Manufacturing or related HR experience
- 7+ years HR leadership experience, with a majority in a manufacturing environment, preferably in both union and non-union environments. Multi-site HR leadership preferred.
- Humility and high self-confidence to listen without ego, and advocacy for the important things. Positive energy.
- Demonstrated comfort in multi-national environments.
- Superb written and spoken communication. This role is a critical leadership role, with communications affecting a large organization.
- Demonstrated excellence in investigatory elements of employee relations including having addressed concerns related to discrimination, compliance, safety, etc.
- Flexibility – critical for a start-up environment.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.