Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero.
And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Senior Network Intelligence Architect who will be an integral part our global communication service provider network engineering team. This team provides Architecture & Design for Panasonic in flight communication growth at a large scale and is the IP foundation for our next generation satellite multimedia communication service. The SME in the DPI traffic management knowledge domain. Provide documentation as it relates to architecture plan, roadmap, design, evaluation and test plan, and configuration standards. Excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of the network.
- Develop and leadership of appropriate architecture solutions and enhancements for planned system deployments and improvements.
- Research and evaluate emerging technology and recommend roadmap and long-term technical strategy.
- Independently research and as part of architectural team, evaluate network intelligence solutions for network traffic policy control, traffic monitoring and reporting, quantification, and revenue assurance.
- Define components of complete system and (end-to-end) testing requirements as they apply to network intelligence solutions.
- Work with cross functional architecture team in optimizing end to end solution.
- Take role of Product Owner with respect to incremental software feature development and guidance of respective teams.
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to evaluate products and services.
- Work with team to maintain occasional written and in-person communications with organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities
- Conduct case studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions
- Evaluate and recommend new products and present to the IT Steering Committee. Provide advanced multi-disciplinary knowledge, skills and experience in technical architecture and design.
- Develop network automation and orchestration strategy and architecture plan.
- Align with Principal Architect/Engineer vision and roadmap, independently create network design
- Lead network intelligence design efforts on technical solutions for complex projects, integrating multiple technologies and with broad, strategic impact across multiple business and technology areas.
- Provides analysis of network performance, network reliability and identify opportunity for improvement. Drive out inefficiencies, proposes and designs ground network system to drive cost savings in airline customer facing network systems.
- Create network unit and integration test plan.
- Test intelligence network devices, smart traffic broker, function and performance, include new architecture proof of concept test, change procedure test, upgrade regression test.
- Documentation:Create design document.
- Create configuration standard document.
- Create test plan & report document
- Participation in business continuation activities
- Configuration and troubleshoot training to operation teams
- Leverage experience to provide mentoring to other members of technical team where necessary.
- Provide tier-4 support to operation team
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Engineering/Computer Science
- 10 -12 years of experience in DPI based traffic management design, implementation, and operation.
- Must to have strong knowledge and hands-on experience on TCP/IP, all layers of OSI model, QOS.
- Must to have strong knowledge and working experience with DPI, RADIUS, Diameter, access control, policy control, Netflow, IPFIX, IPDR, content filter, traffic shaping and policy enforcement solutions.
- Must to have strong knowledge or experience on Sandvine PTS, SPB, SDE, Sand Script development, PCRF, Quota manager, Active Logic, Maestro Policy Engine, Depp Insights, etc. Or similar DPI vendors similar solution experience.
- Must to have strong BSD/Unix/Linux system administrator or engineering experience.
- Must to have strong knowledge and experience of GO, Python or other script languages.
- Nice to have Knowledge and experience with Amazon Web Services (S3/Glue/Athena/QuickSight).
- Nice to have Knowledge of content management/version control/source code management solutions (Bitbucket/Bamboo/Git).
- Nice to have working knowledge on routing protocols, such as BGP, OSPF, QoS, MPLS and MPLS VPN, etc.
- Nice to have familiarity with Apache Superset, Microsoft Power BI, R, DAX
- Nice to have experience in IT security, DDoS mitigation and auditing a plus
- Must to have exceptional documentation skills that can clearly articulate technical designs, issues and constraints, procedures, and network assessments.
- Must to have strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Must to have strong analytical and problem determination/resolution skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of network
- Self-motivated, Self-Reliant, Self-Starting, Go-Getter, Attitude of ownership, and a strong desire to learn.
- Works well in an engineering environment that requires communication and collaboration with fellow team members, and cross function teams.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
- At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporate