Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit www.parkplaceirvine.com
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
The Position:Responsible for mechanical design, development & qualification of Panasonic’s LRUs from the standpoints of Thermal, Structural Rigidity, Acoustics, EMI, ESD, DFM, DFT to meet customer’s Requirements. Has specific technical project or product responsibility.
- Performs design, development & sustaining including mechanical layout, analysis, evaluation, prototype build, and testing of LRU components & systems.
- Apply planning, standard mathematical and hands-on techniques, procedures and criteria to engineering assignments.
- Design and develop LRU sheet metal & plastic enclosure and assemblies.
- Record and analyze LRU test data.
- Select hardware and material assuring compliance with specifications and product requirements.
- Communicate and sustain the development and design of the LRU mechanical parts with overseas manufacturing division to ensure product manufacturability.
- Guide and mentor the work of lower level engineers, designers, and support personnel as assigned. Provide technical direction to members of assigned work teams.
- Assume ownership and responsibility for the product design.
- Participates with members of management in the design and development of products and analysis of customer requirements.
- Assist supporting members of a team in the determination of a problem solution while giving consideration to form, fit, function, thermal, structural rigidity, weight, EMI, ESD, DFM, DFT, product marketing and cost.
- Support the coordination efforts and activities for LRU procurement between Manufacturing, Obsolescence, Product Planning and Material Planning departments for the selection and ordering of parts, materials, components, or processes with vendors and suppliers.
- Work with the respective Project Manager, or when required independently, to generate and update LRU Design and Development schedules.
- Provide technical guidance to supporting personnel to resolve design and related manufacturing problems.
- Participate on CRB (Change Review Board) and facilitate communication for product design changes, reviews, change impact / implementation for products and parts.
- Formulate a design plan or work from technical objectives and overall schedules as specified by senior project staff.
- Performs qualitative and quantitative thermal/mechanical shock/vibration analysis.
- Analyze LRUs to determine thermal/dynamic characteristics, and performance of materials, mechanisms, assemblies and systems.
The salary range of $90,000 – $151,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
What We’re Looking For:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent followed by an MS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace
- Engineering, Physics, Materials Science or equivalent.
- 5-10 years’ experience in areas such as Computer/Laptop/Ultramobile PC Design, Thermal & Strength.
- Materials, Properties of Materials and Machine Design.
- Highly proficient in determining and developing requirements from specifications, oral instructions, or preliminary sketches.
- Advanced ability to design using Pro/E MCAD Tool and analyzing LRU and equipment using conventional and CFD/FEA Analysis tools.
- Advanced technical writing ability to prepare reports and documentation for submission to management.
- Advanced ability to develop and implement test methods and procedures.
- Ability to provide technical direction to assigned project teams and perform as a technical expert and source of information.
- Highly proficient in project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies and associated logistics across multiple functions.
- Demonstrated experience providing identifiable contributions to the success of a specific product or project.
- Use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Proficient with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
- Develop solutions to clearly defined problems of moderate to diverse scope. Analysis involves selecting the best alternative method or process from among several existing alternatives, or based on evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Use expertise, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Materials, Properties of Materials and Machine Design
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporate.