The Company is looking for someone that has strong experience in accounting and analytical skills that has the capabilities and desire to grow in the Hussmann Accounting and Finance Organization. The Accountant II has a key role in the monthly close process, in addition to the monthly forecast and annual plan processes. They are accountable for the integrity of our financial statements and accuracy in our forecasting and planning. They should identify and lead continuous improvement opportunities while partnering with teammates and other functional areas within Corporate Finance and other functional areas. They serve as a critical member of the Corporate Accounting team and should have a desire and passion to be a team player and mentor for entry-level accountants.
Role and Responsibilities
Coordinates calculation of monthly leasing entries.
Records related journal entries and maintain reconciliations.
Performs the accounting of the travel card and procurement cards, including the recording of any rebates associated with the cards.
Responsible for recording monthly journal entries to recognize expenses, maintaining travel accruals, and updating reconciliations.
Provides accounting support for process enhancements related to travel card and procurement card programs, as well as Concur migration.
Prepares other manual journal entries related to key assets, reserves, miscellaneous accruals, and prepaid and prepares balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring appropriate and timely resolution of reconciling items.
Analyzes cost centers on trends and variance analysis.
Assists the Manager with the coordination and preparation of loading the operating plan and monthly forecasts in Oracle and HFM for the income statement and balance sheet.
Supports quarterly and yearly audits with external and internal auditors. Drives process improvements, efficiencies, and leads projects supporting Hussmann strategic initiatives.
Peer leader in the group, guiding others through coordination of projects and technical experience. Ad-hoc analysis and projects as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 Years of ascending experience minimum
- CPA Preferred
- Experience in a Shared Services/Corporate Accounting environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access (Proficient using v-lookups, pivots and other formulas in excel).
- Oracle and Hyperion experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills and customer service oriented
- Ability to generate new ideas and think independently, strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to manage competing priorities