Responsible for the development, implementation and delivery of financial strategies for the organization. Performs a wide range of accounting tasks and conducts/documents projects relating to general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cost accounting and inventory to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Function as a subject matter expert or project lead on accounting and leads and mentors/guides the work of lower level accountants.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Works on assignments that are diverse in scope, moderately complex and requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Verifies accuracy of journal entries to ensure the general ledger is accurate and complete. Prepares highly complex monthly journal entries as required.
- Performs and guarantees timely and accurate completion of financial reports / statements to meet established month-end and year-end deadlines.
- Provides direction on month-end closing coordination, including but not limited to, publishing closing schedule, ensuring all journal entries for team are posted timely, prepares and distributes detail and summary analysis files, and coordinates post-close activities.
- Responsible for complex account reconciliation and analysis, ensuring appropriate documentation, identifying variances, reconciling balances, developing and implementing solutions for complex issues and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Assists internal/external contacts in overall review and analysis; reports any areas of concern to Accountants and Manager.
- Analyzes current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Provides specialized accounting advice on advanced issues within area of expertise to functional or operational areas managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities.
- Approves and participates in the preparation/analysis/compilation and documentation of financial reports and/or statements for completeness, accuracy and consistency to prior periods. These reports may include profit and loss statements, balance sheets, depreciation statements, cash flow, etc. Be prepared to answer questions as requested.
- Understands financial reporting requirements, rules and regulations. Prepares complex balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports.
- Assists Accounting Manager in preparation and analysis of the overall P&L and Balance Sheet for budget, forecasting and reporting of actual results. Reviews proposed forecast before submission and provides assistance/direction as required.
- Researches discrepancies/errors to reconcile and manages complex questions and problem resolution regarding account status, adjustments, transactions, discrepancies and errors. Responsible for the development, implementation and delivery of financial strategies for the organization.
- Makes appropriate recommendations and drives implementation of solutions or suggested improvements to existing processes and procedures related to new/revisions of reports, charts, graphs, ad hoc data and other statistical information changes in instructions regarding use of accounts and new refined account classifications or definitions and responds appropriately.
- Makes appropriate decisions concerning the accounting treatment of financial transactions for forecasting and budgeting purposes.
- Maintains awareness/promotes understanding of all Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) documents, updates controls, and performs self-tests as needed, for monthly, quarterly, and yearly requirements.
- Four-year college degree in Accounting with concentration in Accounting or Finance required. CPA or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of related Accounting experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other relevant accounting standards. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, advanced proficiency in excel required.
- Demonstrated experience with financial systems and data query tools required.
- Experience in operational accounting required.
- Experience in technical accounting required.
- Knowledge of SAP/ERP required.
- Experience in international accounting preferred.
- Understanding of tax accounting preferred.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.