SAP Functional Engineer
As SAP Functional Engineer, you will work with Operations, Quality, Supply Chain, and Finance teams to design processes, capture requirements, support system adoption and create requirements to technical team (AMS).
- Work with Business Solution Leads/Business Process Leads to identify the business needs and apply Business Analysis principles to elicit, understand and document business requirements.
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options and communicate this back to stakeholders.
- Transform business requirements into SAP language by leveraging best practices.
- Understand and document process flows, integration points, forms and workflow requirements impacting areas of responsibilities.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize requirements.
- Develop use cases, execute test plans, identify defects, develop functional designs, specifications including workflow, validation, and logic requirements.
- Ensure designs can be traced back to requirements.
- Analyze business challenges, objectives and develop as is/to-be processes.
- Collaborate with team (process leads, vendors, solution integrators etc.) to clarify vision, scope, and capabilities.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements to the leads.
- Assist in conducting research of alternatives and cost/benefit analysis directed to the business objectives.
- Collaborate with peers, stakeholders and PMO team to secure commitments and maintain accountability.
- Assist with the creation and impact of deployment and cutover plans.
- Demonstrate a high level of ownership, initiative, and strong sense of urgency in all assignments as part of a fast-paced project implementation environment.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s degree in IT Business, Business Administration, Technology Management, or a related degree, and/or equivalent related work experience
- Desired Certifications: None
- Preferred: None
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of experience working with SAP ECC (S4 Hana knowledge, desirable)
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer-focused and business-sensitive attitude
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Availability to work on site (PENA, NV.)
- High responsibility level
- Customer focused and business sensitive attitude for applying effective manufacturing IT solutions.
- Promote high quality IT solutions - SAP ERP, MES, and other Manufacturing Systems.
- Promote creative and innovative IT services.
- Identify, research, solve and prevent service quality problems.
- Flexible with Financial period close and ad hoc SAP issues.
- Ability to complete work with limited guidance.
- Strong skillset with leading multiple projects congruently.
SAP Modules Experience:
- Production Planning – Quality Managements
- Extended Warehouse Management (Raw Material – Finished Goods)
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.