Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that is here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills, and more.
The Repair Technician is responsible for performing routine tasks to ensure repair shop quality standards are met by calibration, testing, troubleshooting, and repair of parts, components, circuits, and mechanical assemblies. Recognize failures and set-up problems and determines the need for appropriate verification.
• Perform the set-up, calibration, testing, and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies.
• Perform hand set-ups for digital tests. Recognize failures and set-up problems, and determine the need for appropriate verification.
• Record required information on all repairs and publication discrepancies.
• Test and troubleshoot complex analog and digital electronics systems to the component level.
• Position and align parts and components. Secure them in place or remove them using appropriate, various methods including soldering, crimping, fastening, gluing, etc.
• Install assemblies in cases or cabinets.
• Generate repair cost quotation worksheets to be transmitted to end customer.
• Assess design configuration status of units under repair by referencing engineering documentation and maintenance manuals.
• Identify and navigate to appropriate electronic engineering and maintenance documentation to conduct repair actions. \
What we’re looking for:
• 0-3 years bench experience in an electronic systems repair environment
High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to test and troubleshoot complex analog and digital electronics systems to the component level and secure or remove parts using various methods such as soldering, crimping, fastening and gluing.
• Ability to operate programmable auto-testers, samplers, real-time oscilloscopes, pulse generators, meters, power supplies, and special test fixtures. Ability to use Volt-ohm meters, frequency meters, distortion analyzers, audio, and video signal generator, and semi-automatic test equipment.
• Identify and utilize appropriate engineering documentation and maintenance manuals to assess design configuration and to conduct repair actions.
• Understanding of electronic circuit design for fault isolation and troubleshooting.
• Ability to work on miniature electromechanical devices using common hand tools.
• Knowledgeable with the use of power tools.
• Effectively communicate with shop supervision, Engineering and Quality departments to solve technical repair problems.
• Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off:
- Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees.
- Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure.
- All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI).
- Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family.
- Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third-party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.