Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Perform routine tasks to ensure repair shop quality standards are met by calibration, testing, troubleshooting and repair of parts, components, circuits and mechanical assemblies. Recognize failures and set-up problems and determines the need for appropriate verification.
- Perform the set-up, calibration, testing, and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies.
- Perform hand set-ups for digital tests. Recognize failures and set-up problems, and determine the need for appropriate verification.
- Record required information on all repairs and publication discrepancies.
- Test and troubleshoot complex analog and digital electronics systems to the component level.
- Position and align parts and components. Secure them in place or remove them using appropriate, various methods including soldering, crimping, fastening, gluing, etc.
- Install assemblies in cases or cabinets.
- Generate repair cost quotation worksheets to be transmitted to end customer.
- Assess design configuration status of units under repair by referencing engineering documentation and maintenance manuals.
- Identify and navigate to appropriate electronic engineering and maintenance documentation to conduct repair actions.
- Must be able to test and troubleshoot complex analog and digital electronics systems to the component level and secure or remove parts using various methods such as soldering, crimping, fastening and gluing.
- Ability to operate programmable auto-testers, samplers, real-time oscilloscopes, pulse generators, meters, power supplies, and special test fixtures. Ability to use Volt-ohm meters, frequency meters, distortion analyzers, audio and video signal generator, and semi-automatic test equipment.
- Identify and utilize appropriate engineering documentation and maintenance manuals to assess design configuration and to conduct repair actions.
- Understanding of electronic circuit design for fault isolation and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work on miniature electromechanical devices using common hand tools.
- Understanding of soldering techniques on surface mount technology where acrylic conformal coating is used is required.
- Knowledgeable with the use of power tools.
- Effectively communicate with shop supervision, Engineering and Quality departments to solve technical repair problems.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment.
- May receive detailed instructions on work.
- High School Diploma or equivalent internationally recognized qualification.
- Recognized technical qualification or relevant experience. (In U.S., Associates Degree in Electronics or Electronics Technology preferred or equivalent military education and experience.)
- 0-3 years bench experience in an electronic systems repair environment.
- Ability to travel up to 10-20% of the time to domestic and/or international locations.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.