Repair Technician I (Electronics)-Lake Forest
Inventive at Hire- $2,000 Sign-On Bonus
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
- Perform routine tasks to ensure repair shop quality standards are met by calibration, testing, troubleshooting and repair of parts, components, circuits and mechanical assemblies. Recognize failures and set-up problems and determines the need for appropriate verification.
The salary or hourly wage rate of $17.21– $29.33 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
- Perform the set-up, calibration, testing, and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies.
- Perform hand set-ups for digital tests. Recognize failures and set-up problems, and determine the need for appropriate verification.
- Record required information on all repairs and publication discrepancies.
- Test and troubleshoot complex analog and digital electronics systems to the component level.
- Position and align parts and components. Secure them in place or remove them using appropriate, various methods including soldering, crimping, fastening, gluing, etc.
- Install assemblies in cases or cabinets.
- Generate repair cost quotation worksheets to be transmitted to end customer.
- Assess design configuration status of units under repair by referencing engineering documentation and maintenance manuals.
- Identify and navigate to appropriate electronic engineering and maintenance documentation to conduct repair actions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent internationally recognized qualification.
- Recognized technical qualification or relevant experience. (In U.S., Associates Degree in Electronics or Electronics Technology preferred or equivalent military education and experience.)
- 0-3 years bench experience in an electronic systems repair environment.
- Must be able to test and troubleshoot complex analog and digital electronics systems to the component level and secure or remove parts using various methods such as soldering, crimping, fastening and gluing.
- Ability to operate programmable auto-testers, samplers, real-time oscilloscopes, pulse generators, meters, power supplies, and special test fixtures. Ability to use Volt-ohm meters, frequency meters, distortion analyzers, audio and video signal generator, and semi-automatic test equipment.
- Identify and utilize appropriate engineering documentation and maintenance manuals to assess design configuration and to conduct repair actions.
- Understanding of electronic circuit design for fault isolation and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work on miniature electromechanical devices using common hand tools.
- Understanding of soldering techniques on surface mount technology where acrylic conformal coating is used is required.
- Knowledgeable with the use of power tools.
- Effectively communicate with shop supervision, Engineering and Quality departments to solve technical repair problems.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment.
- May receive detailed instructions on work.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time to domestic and/or international locations.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
- Paid time off:
- Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure.
- All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked
- Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI).
- Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family.
- Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.