Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Service Technician
Full time - 12-hour shifts 4 days on, 4 days off
40% travel across UK & EMEA
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
Join our dynamic team and make a significant impact in the world of Aircraft Systems Maintenance. Your expertise and commitment will play a pivotal role in keeping our aircraft systems at peak performance levels. This is your opportunity to thrive in a collaborative and exciting environment.
As a Maintenance Service Technician (MST), your role involves conducting Line Maintenance on Aircraft In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) systems, as well as other aircraft equipment, to ensure their operational reliability and functionality. You will engage in systems troubleshooting, applying fundamental computer and electronic principles and utilizing specialized test equipment. This includes the removal and replacement of components and equipment in strict accordance with established regulations, policies, and procedures. Moreover, you will be responsible for the thorough completion of all administrative tasks associated with the maintenance activities you perform.
In your capacity as an MST, your daily tasks encompass conducting routine visits to aircraft and executing scheduled maintenance inspections at various levels. You will also be tasked with rectifying aircraft defects and upholding the performance standards of IFE equipment.
Your role will require you to function both independently and collaboratively within a team, contributing to the overall efficiency of aircraft system maintenance and service.
- IFEC and Aircraft Systems Maintenance responsibility
- Engage in a range of maintenance tasks, including component replacement, adjustments, inspections, functional tests, and certification, which encompasses:
- Expertly remove and replace components following all relevant documentation.
- Skillfully troubleshoot system failures down to Line Replaceable Units (LRU), cabling, or other aircraft systems, and conduct functional tests after rectification.
- Conduct thorough Cabin Sweeps in alignment with Panasonic's procedures and promptly report findings.
- Execute Built-in (BIT) and manual tests with precision.
- Provide valuable assistance with Software and Media Loading.
- Ensure components and equipment racks are clean when applicable to the contract.
- Diligently complete aircraft documentation according to customer-specific requirements.
- Maintain a seamless communication channel and coordinate closely with the Lead or Supervisor to escalate and address any issues within the assigned aircraft area.
- Be ready to undertake other related duties as assigned by the Lead or Supervisor.
- Depending on the aircraft type, you may also work on other aircraft equipment as designated.
- Interact and collaborate with customers, ensuring a positive working relationship.
- Certify all work completed as applicable under company-issued authority and governing regulations.
- Assist in managing airside inventory, including cycle counting, packaging, and shipping.
- Uphold high standards of housekeeping, health, safety, and tool care.
- Always be prepared to carry out any other reasonable related duties as directed by your immediate Supervisor or Management.
What we're looking for:
- Essential aircraft maintenance experience
- Valid Category A UKCAA aircraft license or equivalent authority for certifying various aircraft types/systems at the assigned location
- Ability to meet quality standards and strict service level agreements, often under deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Basic computer skills in using Linux or equivalent systems
- Teamwork capability and the ability to work independently
- Precision in following detailed instructions
- Application of professional concepts to resolve a variety of issues according to company policies and procedures
- Physical agility to climb, work from ladders or platforms, sit, stand, bend, twist, lift up to 50 pounds, and operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods
- Adaptability to environmental conditions, including congestion and varying noise levels
- Occasional international and domestic travel, up to 25% of the time, to other line station locations as required.
- A Valid driver's licence for travel as and when required.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
The salary range of £26000 - £47600 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.