We seek experienced Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers holding the UAE GCAA License with A380 or B787 type rating to join our team of professionals to perform line maintenance, preventive maintenance, and/or alterations on our customer fleet.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a detailed resume clearly outlining specifics of the Aircraft Maintenance License held, issuing authority and type ratings.
Aircraft/IFE Maintenance and other Support
- Perform a built-in test (BIT) and manual test of Panasonic Avionics Corporation IFE systems.
- Troubleshoot electronic units, cabling or seat consoles in which failures occur down to the line replaceable modules, using knowledge of electronic theory.
- Identify necessary repairs to restore functional acceptance, which may require the removal and replacement of defective line replaceable modules and/or cabling.
- Operate a vehicle on airport property and around aircraft.
- Operate airline communications equipment.
- Communicate and interface with the customer.
- As required, based on aircraft type, may work on other aircraft equipment as assigned.
- Document the testing and repairs using computer and bar-coding equipment.
- Receive and prepare parts.
- Assist in tracking the spares inventory.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 -3 years related industry experience preferred.
- Appropriate academic/technical qualifications and experience to satisfy regulatory licensing for the United Arab Emirates, and customer requirements e.g. UAE GCAA license with relevant type ratings.
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, manuals and to comprehend and follow verbal instruction in English, the global aviation standard.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook (MS products).
- Knowledge of electronic and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with one or two years of related industry experience.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- Understands the implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- As a skilled specialist completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways.
- Must have the legal right to work in the assigned country through nationality, visa or work permits.
- May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25 % of the time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
- Climb and work from a ladder or platforms.