Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) is headquartered in California, with offices in Washington; regional centers in Dallas, Dubai, London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Toulouse; system production facilities in Osaka; as well as field service, maintenance and sales facilities worldwide.
LICENSED AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (LAME)
(SYDNEY – FULL TIME)
As a LAME / AME for PAC, you will be performing line maintenance, preventive maintenance, and have exposure to maintenance of PAC In-flight Entertainment Systems on aircraft subjected to FAA/CAA/EASA/CASA Regulations.
Aircraft Maintenance and Support
- Perform routine line maintenance transit checks for airline customers.
- Perform trouble shooting and defect rectification, built-in test (BIT) and manual test of aircraft systems.
- Identify necessary repairs to restore functional acceptance, which may require the removal and replacement of defective line replaceable modules.
- Operate a vehicle on airport property and around aircraft.
- Operate airline communications equipment.
- Communicate and interface with customer.
- Document the maintenance performed using corporate systems.
- Receive and prepare parts.
- Assist in tracking the spares inventory.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or management.
- To be eligible for this role you must possess an Unrestricted CASA Licence Cat B1 with B737, A320, A330, B777, B787, A380, B747-400, or A350 Type Ratings. (Not applicable to AME role). FAA A&P with B747/B777 certifying experience will also be considered.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 5 years aviation industry experience preferred.
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
- Must be able to work within a 24x7 shift roster, weekends and public holidays to meet operational requirements.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with one or two years of related industry experience.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift a minimum of 25 kgs.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, manuals and to comprehend and follow verbal instruction in English.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. If you are interested in joining, drop us your CV at www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
- The prospective candidate will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical check up (which may include a drug and alcohol test) as part of the recruitment process.
- The successful candidate will be required to hold an ASIC which will include a criminal history/ police clearance check.