MAINTENANCE SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (MSR) – PERMANENT FULL-TIME
Currently we have an opportunity for a qualified Maintenance Services Representative (permanent full-time) to be based in our Auckland office. This is a rotating shiftwork position (including weekends), with average work hours of 40 hours per week, averaged over a year.
IFEC and Aircraft Systems Maintenance:
- Performance of line maintenance and preventative maintenance tasks, and servicing, on Panasonic IFEC Systems, and other aircraft systems, including component replacement, adjustments, inspections, functional testing and certification which includes but not limited to:
- Remove and replace components in accordance with all applicable documentation.
- Troubleshoot system failures down to Line Replaceable Units (LRU), cabling, or other aircraft systems and perform functional tests post rectification.
- Perform Cabin Sweep’s in accordance with Panasonic LMP’s and report findings.
- Perform Built-in (BIT) and manual testing.
- Perform Software and Media Loading.
- Cleaning of components and equipment racks as required.
- Complete aircraft documentation in accordance with customer specific requirements
- Ensure timely escalation and coordination in close contact with the Lead or Supervisor of any problem occurring in the assigned aircraft area.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by Lead or Supervisor.
- As required, based on aircraft type, may work on other aircraft equipment as assigned.
- Communicate and interface with customer.
- Certify for all work completed as applicable under a company issued authority and governing
- Complete aircraft maintenance documentation in accordance with customer specific requirements and company systems.
- Assist in the management of aeronautical parts and inventory
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or management.
What we’re looking for:
- To be eligible for this role you must possess, or qualify to possess, an unrestricted CAANZ or equivalent convertible aircraft maintenance engineers license, Cat B2 with A320, B777 and B787 Type Ratings. Type ratings for B737, A380, A330, A380, B747-400, or A350 would also be advantageous.
- Minimum 5 years aviation industry experience preferred, 2 years on aircraft experience
- 12 months experience on Panasonic IFEC systems.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
- Ability to work 24/7 shift, weekends and public holidays to meet operational requirements.
- Proven troubleshooting knowledge acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with one or two years of related industry experience.
- Physically fit to perform manual handling duty for extended periods and ability to lift a minimum of 25 kgs.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow company and airline instructions, procedures, diagrams and manuals, and comprehend and follow verbal instruction in English.
- High attention to detail, practical and written.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Linux
- Willing to travel internationally and locally up to 25% of the time
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. If you are ready to join us, drop us your CV at www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
- The prospective candidate will be required to undergo a pre-employment check (which may include background, employment history, drug and alcohol test, etc) as part of the recruitment process.
- The successful candidate will be required to hold an AIC which will include a criminal history/ police clearance check.
- Visa sponsorship applicable for qualified candidates who has applied or holds the respective CASA licences.