MAINTENANCE SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (A&P Mechanic)
(Chicago - O'hare Airport)
Minimum starting hourly rate of $29 (inclusive of local differential) with applicable licenses and education and 0-1 yr of experience. Starting rates increase with years of experience. Other offerings include bonus potential, paid time off, 11 paid holidays per year, sick time, medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, life insurance, and more.
$2,500 SIGN ON BONUS AND UP TO $5,000 RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE. For Employees Hired between March 1, 2022 and June 30,th 2022
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
As a Maintenance Services Representative for PAC, you will be using your A&P license to service our electronic aviation devices onboard planes! How exciting would it be to be a part of the technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations to Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) In-flight Entertainment Systems on aircraft subjected to FAA/CAA/EASA/CASA Regulations.
Aircraft/IFE Maintenance and Support
- Perform built-in test (BIT) and manual test of Panasonic Avionics Corporation IFE systems.
- Troubleshoot electronic units, cabling or seat consoles in which failures occur down to the line replaceable modules, using knowledge of electronic theory.
- Identify necessary repairs to restore functional acceptance, which may require the removal and replacement of defective line replaceable modules and/or cabling.
- Operate a vehicle on airport property and around aircraft.
- Operate airline communications equipment.
- Communicate and interface with customer.
- Document the testing and repairs using computer and bar-coding equipment.
- Receive and prepare parts.
- Assist in tracking the spares inventory.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
What we’re looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Appropriate academic/technical qualifications and experience to satisfy regulatory licensing, FAA A&P is required.
- 1-3 years related industry experience preferred.
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of electronic and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with one or two years of related industry experience.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, manuals and to comprehend and follow verbal instruction in English.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
Must be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority and/or airline customers related to health and safety and/or access to the airport, airplanes, and related equipment; including vaccination and testing where lawful and applicable.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
- Paid time off: Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year.We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
A&P, Airframe and Powerplant, airplane mechanic, airline mechanic, aircraft mechanic, aviation mechanic, FAA Airframe and Powerplant mechanic