Globally, Panasonic is committed to creating a better life and a better world, continuously contributing to the evolution of society and happiness of people around the world.
Locally, Panasonic Energy is making the world’s #1, highest performance and quality battery in a high-volume manufacturing environment. In order to achieve this exciting goal, we are committed to meeting our very strict quality and safety targets.
The EHS Manager will manage and build the environmental, health and safety management systems and team by establishing procedures and KPI’s for our Li-ion battery manufacturing processes.
- Promote a culture of quality, safety, compliance, and continuous improvement throughout the PENA organization
- Coach and influence EHS team members and production safety teams(s) driving a High-Performance Safety Culture
- Assess and evaluate process and day-to-day activities on the production floor and guide production safety teams in safe practices and adoption of best practices
- Identify, evaluate, and mitigate safety risks within the production area.
- Develop and drive compliance with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards. Lead and conduct audit activities, drive actions to closure and lead management reviews.
- In a high demand workplace, collaborate and support with production and support teams as we work towards the organization’s strategic goals and best-in-class mentality.
- Develop and effectively implement EHS Management Systems in partnership with our EHS team members, our Quality Management System and the broader PENA teams.
- Monitor and administer EHS management system and tools (e.g., CAPAs, audits, incident reporting, performance dashboards, action trackers, etc.).
- Collaborate with all departments and stakeholders to ensure that EHS policies, programs, procedures and trainings are clearly defined and communicated and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations and conformance with the company’s integrated management system.
- The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: Bachelor's degree in science-related field from four-year accredited College or University.
- Preferred: Master’s degree from accredited College or University.
- ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor Certification.
- Experience in implementation and auditing ISO Management Systems.
- 5-7 year work experience in Manufacturing or large scale operations.
- Familiarity of existing environmental and occupational safety regulations and guidelines including but not limited EPA, RCRA, CWA, SWPPP, SPCC, OSHA, NFPA 70E, ANSI, etc.
- Self-starter, with general instructions
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced and changing environment
- Results oriented with the ability to plan and deliver against production deadlines and goals
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to give formal presentations to small groups and communicate successfully with all levels of employees and management
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment to drive effective results.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma and 6S principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for -specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment.
- CSP or CIH are preferred
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.