Assigned to specific customer airlines, the Customer Support Engineer (CSE) is the focal for all technical after-sales issues and queries. He / She will represent the customer’s voice within Panasonic and interact with the different functional groups within the customer airline and Panasonic in order to get swift issue resolution. Being an extension of Engineering, the CSE is a technical expert.
The role holder will be based in Doha, Qatar.
- Respond to all airline queries related to the operation & maintenance of Panasonic systems.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to Customers in troubleshooting and resolution of system & interface problems.
- Consolidate and evaluate feedback from Customer Repair Shops, Line Maintenance personnel and other operational departments. Monitor failure trends and highlight possible quality or reliability problems. Communicate findings with the Product Engineering and Reliability departments to ensure accurate and timely resolution.
- Investigate and assist in the resolution of operational and /or maintenance related issues, utilizing areas of expertise from the different internal functional groups. This includes identifying the size of the problem / associated trends, and reporting / implementation of a recovery plan.
- Work with the Panasonic Training department to conduct operational, line and maintenance training for customers
- Work closely with the customer’s technical departments in providing timely and accurate data, reports and feedback.
- Consistently exhibit professionalism in order to enhance the customer’s perception of the Company
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Must have a Higher Education Degree (B.Sc. or higher) in Electronics, Avionics or IT.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in a role of Customer Support Engineer or in a job with similar in-depth technical capabilities
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Basic knowledge of the aviation industry and aircraft in general.
- Basic understanding of Avionics Systems.
- Sound knowledge of IT systems and networking.
- Basic understanding of DOS / Linux operating systems and associated commands.
- Good analytical skills and must be able to produce quality technical reports.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Must have knowledge of Satellite Communication and IP networks.
- Must be willing to travel, both domestically and internationally, as required by the company.
- Accept and perform any other duties as required by the company and assigned by the direct Manager.