Panasonic Avionics is the market leader in the world of In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC), offering sophisticated products and unparalleled service levels to deliver industry leading in-flight entertainment through video, audio, games, software applications and telecommunications.
Our success is built upon our cutting-edge technology and outstanding customer service, driven by our corporate heritage and as we enter an exciting period of rapid global expansion to support new business, we are seeking an experienced Customer Support Engineer to join our growing team in Langley.
Our Customer Support Engineers are ambassadors for Panasonic, we have exciting opportunities for candidates who want to work at the cutting edge of technology and who are prepared to travel internationally. We are looking for candidates with experience in avionics engineering along with strong IT software knowledge and understanding of hardware.
They must be solution finders, not just problem identifiers, their aim being that airlines and their customers are 100% satisfied with our product. Candidates must be comfortable working alone, but also able to build good relationships to allow them to use the wider Panasonic team in resolving issues. This is not a 9-5 job!
Your day to day duties and responsibilities will include:
- Maintain customer satisfaction through accurate, detailed and timely responses to problems and queries, and elevate situations with Panasonic Avionics Management if and when required.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to assigned customers.
- Troubleshoot and work to resolve system problems occurring on aircraft (and / or in the Repair Shop).
- Report issues / problems that can not be cleared locally, to the Engineering departments and / or regional/head offices as appropriate.
- Participate actively in any retrofits and / or the entry into service of new systems at assigned customers.
- Work actively with the assigned customers to gather reliability data for all Panasonic Avionics equipment.
- Report all information gathered from customer’s organisation to the regional office and head office as appropriate.
- Evaluate the needs of the customers and relate details to appropriate internal departments
- Advise customers on future projects that they may wish to conduct, and guide them through the Panasonic Avionics processes for such projects.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ideally degree-level educated or equivalent in Engineering, avionics or relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in aircraft avionics design and/or a related customer service role in aviation/aerospace engineering essential
- Strong technical background in PC networks and configuration, multiplexed or software controlled systems with an understanding of computer hardware.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with experience in LINUX and UNIX an advantage
- Familiarity with EASA/ FAA requirements is desirable.
- Sound verbal and written communications skills.
- Problem solvers using experience in hardware and software
- Eligibility to work in the EU (ability to move freely within EU states and elsewhere is a key requirement of the role)
- A clean driving license is needed – an essential-user vehicle is provided for business and private use
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and customer inquiries