Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
The Program Manager II engages in airline accounts with complex integration activities. Involves some engineering product development and installation design coordination requiring interaction with functional departments, i.e. Engineering, Logistics, Product Support, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Osaka and Regional Offices. Support OTD, Technical Data requirements, Fit Check, and Test parts. Ensures that customer requirements are adequately defined, uniformly understood and appropriately planned to achieve the successful execution of the program. Performs as program focal for the total program success. May perform as subject matter expert on Program Management processes, including development of documentation, training and mentoring on processes and cross functional status reporting on process utilization/execution. Supports Regional Director as required.
Management of Integration Activities
- Identify Fit Check, test parts and tester requirement in support of program requirements.
- Maintain program costs, scope of work and issue change requests for all out of scope work. Provide Marketing costs for out of scope work to be presented to the customer
- Update and maintain program parts list, Airbus evolution sheets, schedules and program plans to program requirements.
- Identify purchasing requisitions as needed for spares certification or as requested
- Identify the program requirement for procurement and shipping of test/fit check, testers to third party suppliers as required.
- Identify/Generate PGA to secure parts before customers purchase orders have been received to protect lead times.
- Ensure consistent and proper business processes are followed in accordance with departmental procedures and company policy.
- Monitor program schedules commitments and direct appropriate personnel of possible impacts(s) or change(s).
- Coordinate third party suppliers to complete program requirements.
Customer Requirements/Program Support
- Develop and maintain program plans that identify work scope, schedules, milestones, and program team members derived from Marketing Program Handover sheets, P&L, Marketing handover meetings and executive Marketing summaries.
- Act as communications focal point to the airline customers, third party suppliers and/or OEM as required.
- Ensure that certification and technical data requirements are defined and coordinated.
- Maintain superb communications between Panasonic and customers by regular follow-up status reviews and correspondence.
Interdepartmental Communication and Support
- Assist Marketing in the pursuit of new business.
- Coordinate closely with Order Administration/Program Administrator to monitor and provide a status on the customer’s equipment orders and deliveries, and the overall program status with third party suppliers, aircraft OEMs, and customers ensuring overall program requirements are met. Identify all potential delivery delays and notification of Program Managers/Regional Directors on critical delays.
- Work closely with Engineering for drawing support and drawing change requirements, responding to those changes impacting parts and schedules.
- Provide close coordination with functional departments, third party suppliers and customers.
- Ensure smooth transition to in-service operation by coordinating throughout the program with the Product Support Group/CSE and MMS.
- Communicate and coordinate spares certification and shipment on assigned programs as needed.
- Ensure superb communications between Panasonic internal and external customer are maintained within Panasonic standards.
- Lead the program team by conducting regular team meetings, ensuring that action item logs are kept and integrated schedules are available.
- Arrange, attend and chair program team meetings, reviews, technical coordination meetings and design reviews as required.
- Assist members of functional organizations by providing direction of program activities and issues resolution(s).
- May directly supervise Program Administrator involving the added responsibility of monitoring performance, training, overseeing work assignments, providing guidance in problem solving, and conducting advancement and performance appraisals.
- Responsible for management of the overall cross-functional program teams. Also provides functional managers advice on the performance of team members, on training needed, provides guidance in problem solving, and directs activities relative to performance of tasks in support of the assigned program requirements.
The salary wage range of $94,000 – $158,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum five years of related work experience in a technical program or project management, 2 of which must have been in a leadership capacity.
- Aerospace and/or IFE industry is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations, analyze and interpret customer requirements, plan and monitor effectively, and function as a champion for customer satisfaction while managing program performance to meet the needs of the company.
- Proficient in the use of MS office suite of software applications. (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, VISIO, Project).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple programs and issues.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work through issues with a team without escalation.
- Ability to thoroughly articulate his/her position(s) concerning problems and/or solutions on his/her own accord with minimum assistance from upper management.
- Ability to prioritize daily workload in support of program needs.
- Practiced team building and leadership skills.
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills combined with the ability to effectively interact with customers and a diverse range of internal organizations.
- Ability to work well with people under pressure including people from diverse cultural and political backgrounds.
- Outgoing, self motivated, well organized and detailed oriented.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to resolve conflicts and filter conflicting agendas to determine best path forward a resolution.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability for up to 20-30% travel domestic and internationally required.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.