Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
Participates and leads the support efforts of new or existing enterprise cybersecurity projects, with regards to deployment and maintenance based on defined requirements, documentation generation, implementation and communication of requirements, working directly with customers, business, and other IT entities.
This person will assist with security and patch management issues and coordinate with vendors as necessary in support of tools and vulnerability management activities.
- Active in the life-cycle management of multiple hardware and software technologies designed to protect information.
- Maintain process and or procedures for security technologies.
- Prepare periodic reports on risk analysis reviews, security compliance reviews, and security incidents, etc.
- Support security solution development with operational feedback and evaluations.
- Participate in activities of the Security Incident Response Team.
- Monitor for new security threats and make recommendations for additional controls.
- Identify security risks to the organization and recommend corrective actions.
- Triage, resolve, and document security incidents and escalations through analysis and troubleshooting.
- Draft solution specifications and develop requirements for new information security systems, configurations, sub-systems, software, and products in support of projects and initiatives.
- Prepare documentation of designs and requirements for new information security systems, configurations, sub-systems, software, and products in support of projects and initiatives.
- Conduct design reviews of requirements implementation.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Information Security, or other related engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years’ experience in an Information Technology role, with 3+ years specific to an Information or Cybersecurity role.
- Ability to obtain Industry recognized security certifications preferred; CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISM: Certified Information Security Manager, GIAC: SANS Global Information Assurance Certification etc
- Working knowledge and understanding in the implementation/administration/security of cloud technologies such as AWS/Azure/GCP, as well as traditional on-premise secure networks, firewalls and intrusion-detection/prevention systems.
- Familiarity regarding common attacks, attack methods, and defense architectures.
- Experience in security technologies ability to coordinate with internal (i.e. project managers, engineering/operations, employees, etc.) and/or external customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, system level definition capabilities, and customer service skills.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Works on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Uses independent judgment to ensure projects/assignments are completed accurately and on-time with some supervision.
- May interact with senior internal and external personnel.
- Provide guidance to other technical positions when required
- May require up to 10% travel
- This individual may be on call (after hours) shared with the group as needed
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporate.