The EMC/MEC Validation Test Engineer assists the EMC or MEC Team Leader in test plan creation and is responsible for creation of test fixtures and test setups. Conducts specialized tests and ensures that all related test documentation, including reports, is accurate and complete. The EMC/MEC Validation Test Engineer may coordinate equipment calibration and maintenance and monitoring of housekeeping standards.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Conduct EMC/MEC tests per product EMC/MEC test plan.
- Works and communicates with design engineers to understand product EMC/MEC requirements. Develops test requirements to properly verify electrical changes to current products.
- Works and communicates with engineering project leaders to create EMC/MEC test plans, budgetary quotes, work flow and timing.
- Works and communicates with other validation test engineers to create the EMC/MEC section of product specific ADVP&R and to provide regular project status updates to team members.
- Works and communicates with test development engineers (TDE) to acquire/assemble DUT control and monitoring test equipment, create test script and fabricate RF hardened test fixture for assigned projects.
- Evaluates a product to ensure compliance with customer specifications including applicable industry and regulatory EMC/MEC standards.
- Coordinates, support and perform extensive EMC/MEC testing at multiple stages during product development (EV), design validation (DV) and production validation (PV). Assist the engineering team in the design of test setups, fixtures and scripts to properly operate, monitor and orient the product while under test.
- Analyzes EMC/MEC test data, writes EMC/MEC test plans, and prepares EMC/MEC test reports.
- Provides support for lab’s quality management system per ISO17025 & IATF 16949.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering with understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering practices, principles, processes and systems. Or, equivalent experience (4+ years) with EMC/Mechanical & Environmental test standards and qualification in a test laboratory performing tests.
- Working knowledge of MS Office package. (MS word, MS excel, MS project, MS Power point, MS VISIO)
- Willingness to learn Validation processes: Mechanical/Electrical test requirements and test equipment
BENEFITS & PERKS - WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical/Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance
- Relaxed Dress Code
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with our without reasonable accommodations.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.