- Supervise daily line station operations in the process of providing inspection and repair services on aircraft.
- Responsible for dispatching all contracted aircraft within contracted seat availability guarantee at departure.
- Since seat availability guarantees are an integral part of Panasonic Avionics Maintenance Services, the staffing, maintenance planning and scheduling of site personnel and their functions are paramount to the success of the company.
- Schedule site personnel to weekly shift patterns pursuant to the customer’s flight schedule.
- Direct Inventory Control and local logistics of the customer and Panasonic Avionics owned capital assets.
- Schedule preventive maintenance activities of systems installed on contracted customer aircraft where applicable; Office management of local site-specific, responsibilities which include local airport Authority personnel identification administration, Customs clearance, overtime, vehicle maintenance, office administration, and cleanliness.
- External contacts include routine daily customer contacts at the Line Maintenance levels, local airport authorities including Customs, Air Freight forwarders, and brokers for local logistics.
- Internal contacts include PTS Personnel, Administration Staff, H.R., and other Panasonic Avionics departments as required to execute the PTS agreements specific to the site.
- May also perform onboard maintenance activities and fill-in for absent employees.
Train, supervise, and appraise direct reports.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems as they occur on the local level, not allowing the issue to progress further.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires a review of relevant factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Strong background in Aircraft Line Maintenance with the appropriate academic/technical qualifications and experience to satisfy regulatory licensing for Lebanon and customer requirements e.g. FAA / EASA license.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience as a maintenance Lead/Crew Chief/Supervisor/Manager.
- Must have the legal right to work in Lebanon through nationality, visa, or work permits.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, and holidays.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment may be required.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending, or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds may be required.
- The ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods may be required.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels may be required.
- Must hold a valid Lebanese driver’s license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.