Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor
Full time - 12-hour shifts 4 days on, 4 days off
Who We Are:
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, and career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
We are looking for an experienced professional to lead and oversee the daily operations of our Heathrow line station, however, you will also be requested from time to time to help support the Gatwick station where aircraft inspection and repair services are provided.
Your role will be crucial in ensuring that all day/overnight aircraft depart with a 100% guarantee of seat functionality. At Panasonic Avionics, we take pride in our Maintenance Services, and the staffing and scheduling of our site personnel play a vital role in the company's success.
This is an opportunity to work with the latest and greatest technology in the aircraft industry. Our engineers can be expected to work on A350, 787/777 and 777/9 to name a few.
This position entails shift work, so candidates should be adaptable to work on weekends, bank holidays, and Sundays as needed. Compensation for work during these periods will be provided.
Additionally, the role may involve up to 20% travel within the UK and potentially across the EMEA region. Candidates must possess a valid Full UK driver's license or obtain it during the probationary period and meet the necessary airport authority requirements for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
- You will be responsible for the safety of your teams and the customers we support, dealing with H&S in the workplace, and the management of Safety from a regulatory perspective as required to ensure compliance.
- Scheduling: Plan and coordinate weekly shift patterns for site personnel in alignment with the customer's flight schedule.
- Inventory and Logistics: Manage Inventory Control and local logistics for customers and Panasonic Avionics capital assets.
- Preventive Maintenance: Create schedules for preventive maintenance of systems installed on customer aircraft during day/ overnight holds. Manage local site-specific responsibilities, including tasks such as administration of personnel identification with local port authorities, Customs clearance, security seals, overtime management, vehicle maintenance, and office administration.
- External Contacts: Maintain routine daily interactions with customers at the Line Maintenance level, as well as liaise with local airport authorities, including Customs, Air Freight forwarders, and brokers for local logistics.
- Onboard Maintenance: Occasionally perform onboard maintenance activities and fill in for absent employees when required.
- Supervision: If applicable, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate the performance of direct reports
- Handles tasks involving the evaluation of situations and data, necessitating the consideration of pertinent factors. Utilizes discretion within established procedures and policies to make informed decisions and select the most suitable course of action
What We’re Looking For:
- Background in Aircraft Line Maintenance
- Working knowledge of Safety Management in Aviation
- Qualified to satisfy regulatory licensing for assigned country or geographical region, and customer requirements e.g. UK CAA B1 or B2
- Experience as a lead/crew chief/supervisor/mentor
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint or equivalent products
- Ability to solve problems as they occur locally, not allowing the issue to progress further.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Conflict management skills
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment may be required.
- Ability to climb and work from a ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds may be required.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods may be required.
- The ability to cope with environmental conditions, including congestion and varying noise levels, may be required.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program which includes holiday, pension contributions up to 10%, gym discount.
Sponsorship and relocation are on offer for this role for suitably qualified candidates.
For posting internally - Internal candidates:
Please ensure you have been in your current position for 12 months minimum.
Please be aware that when you interview for any internal position you've applied for, you are required to notify your current line manager about your application.
You are welcome to have informal discussions with the hiring manager for the role before applying. For any further information, please reach out to the recruiter for this role