Management of Customer Requirements/Project Scope
• Reviews project proposals or plans to determine time frames, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and the allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
• Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of the project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
• Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules and/or plans as required. Prepares project reports for management, customers, or others.
• Establishes and meets project objectives. Identifies adequate and appropriate resources to be assigned to projects to ensure the company’s goals are achieved and the customer’s needs are met.
• May coordinate project activities with activities of government regulatory agencies and/or aircraft OEMs.
• Confers with project members to define scope of work, assign duties and provide responsibility direction.
• Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
• Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and within the budget parameters.
• Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure the project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• A general understanding of persuasion techniques and methods.
• Clear ability to effectively communicate verbally with personnel and management at all levels.
• Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
• Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
• Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Acts independently to determine methods and procedures appropriate for work assignments. May supervise the activities of others.
• Uses independent judgment to ensure projects/assignments are completed accurately and on-time and may be tasked with ensuring work of others is completed in a timely manner.
• Ability to travel up to 30% of the time to both domestic and international locations.
• B.S. degree or higher in EE, ME or related degree/experience.
• Additional class work in management type courses and problem solving techniques is preferred.
• 5 years of applicable experience, of which 3 years should be program/project management.
• 5 years experience in managing technical personnel and complex activities. These experiences should be gained in areas of research and development, product engineering, design engineering or technical management.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.