The Sr. Accounts Payable & Receivable Accountant’s work is focused on administering, designing, and ensuring compliance with accounts payable and receivable processes. Invoice verification (e.g., comparing invoice charges to purchase orders, confirming that goods and services have been received, purchases were approved, etc.). Payment authorization and processing. Reconciliation of accounts payable ledgers to identify improper charges, validate transactions, and ensure accurate and timely payment of amounts due accounts receivable. Responsibilities typically include setting goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results.
- Lead projects and process improvements in the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable in Finance Department
- Collaborate with the AP Accountants on the Monthly Accounts Payable Analysis and Metrics. This includes responsibility for the AP dashboard in the Microsoft Power BI tool.
- Collaborate with the AR Accountant on the Monthly Aging Analysis and Metrics. This includes responsibility for the AR dashboard in the Microsoft Power BI tool.
- Provide oversight and day-to-day management of the 3rd Party AP Invoice Processing in ARIBA and SAP and Inter-company Invoices. Responsibilities to include the processing of invoices and assisting AP Accountants regarding issues/questions, and training others in the department
- Provide oversight and day-to-day management of customer invoicing and collection
- Ability to resolve issues related to customer chargebacks and past due unpaid invoices
- Complete daily, weekly, and month-end tasks that include reporting, journal entries and account reconciliations as assigned
- Document procedures, processes, and systems as they evolve for the department
- Act as a senior member of the team and will provide mentorship and guidance to other AP and AR team members. Additional responsibilities will be to back up the Accounting Manager, AP Accountant, AR Accountant as needed
- Preparation of schedules and reporting as assigned
- Review of schedules and account reconciliations prepared by other finance members
- Assist and coordinate ad hoc projects in accounts payable and accounts receivable to improve effectivity and efficiency
- Perform JSOX audit self-assessment for Sales General and Expense Expenditures process control
- Work with Internal and External Auditors requirements during Interim and Year-end audits
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Preferred: None
- Minimum of 5+ years of overall Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Accounting or similar experience
- Experience with SAP and Ariba
- Strong ability to organize and coordinate multiple tasks and communicate information in a timely fashion, with the appropriate sense of urgency
- Strong attention to customer and supplier needs, while maintaining a high level of discretion and confidentially in dealing with sensitive material
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, organizational skills, mathematical and analysis skills, detail oriented and highly motivated
- Ability to work in a team environment and as a strong individual contributor
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Interpersonal and functional team building
- Accounting knowledge in financial review and analysis experience
- Exposure to SAP and Power BI a plus
- Positive, professional, and accommodating attitude
- Make sound evaluations and judgments
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.